• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 118 - If I had a hammer........

Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"If I had a hammer...." went the Pete Seeger and Lee Hays song.  So this week I've made you a hammer, and rendered four views of it. I've put them on a transparent background so there's nothing to do in cutting them out.

What will you do with your hammer?

The “rules”:

• Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.
  • Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.
  • There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

To download the image below at 3840 x 2160 pixels, with an embedded ICC colour profile (sRGB), hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right. Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW118Hammer.png

When posting back your image – please use the Blue reply button in this first post. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun.

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click or RightClick to enjoy in full.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those plants look a bit suspect Jacob ! 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You hit the nail on the head, Dave. They even belonged to a suspect (murdered soon after the snapshot) and were found in the dwelling on a croft on Shetland (Mainland), curiously in a search for something far warse. Establishing the ownership of the hammer should be easy, given its belonging to the numbered series.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pete's songs are as relevant today as when he wrote and sang them. Here's the history of "If I Had a Hammer":

https://www.songfacts.com/facts/the-weavers/if-i-had-a-hammer

SFTW118Hammer JE.jpg

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its nice that hate is under attack but what about "fascists"

p.s, if you don't know who Woody Guthrie is then i feel sorry for you kids 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"but what about "fascists"

Here you go. "This machine kills fascists" is on Woody's guitar, not Pete's banjo! 

9D657752-3DE0-4541-B796-810775E403E7.jpeg

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like the banjo Jane. Did you use Illustrator , Phoptoshop or both this week?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Dave!

I started in Illustrator with an Adobe Stock image that I significantly cleaned up, then Placed (embedded) the hammer to scale and rotate it. I did the text in Illustrator. Then I saved and Placed (Linked) the entire Illustrator file as a SO in Photoshop, where I masked the neck and added pegs so they coud be on a new layer below.

I've seen Pete perform at least a couple of dozen times, sometimes with Woody's son Arlo.

Your hammer is lovely, and thank you for four views plus transparency!

The second I saw the hammer and the reference to Pete, I knew I had to do this as a tribute to Pete and his banjo. I wish my artistic skills weren't so woeful, though!

pete seeger.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bang Bang Maxwell's silver hammer came down upon Dave's Head..

Maxwells-Silver-Hammer.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ouch that hurt!

I see we have a variety of music this weekend.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This makes me wince just watching it, Trevor!

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thor.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

he still looks pretty good

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But surely that is the universal tool for saving the world, knock in nails, knock in screws, a quick tap to fix an engine ......... 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Week118Hammer.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice one Rista - it looks like the title for to a DIY instruction video 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mike hammer small.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice job Norman, complete with surround sound 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'It was one of those nights when the sky came down and wrapped itself around the world.'  

It's the sort of line that you have to read hearing that NY 'cup of cawfee' accent in your head.  It's a while since I read any Mickey Spillane, so I might have to treat myself.

Mike Hammer.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're getting full use out of that head this week Trevor 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What better way to spend a quiet, no-news Saturday than at the golf course? 

SFTW118Hammer JE2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could add to that but it might get me into trouble 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He had to get his bloodpressure down somehow Jane.  I wonder how many Big Macs go into creating an arse like that?  (will this get past the forum bot?)  [EDIT] Blimey it did!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor, the forum nanny tends to filter words used by west ponders, such as the donkey word, and let stronger forms pass.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines