• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the Weekend - Part 125 - Jungle Temple

Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Picture the scene. You are walking through the jungle and you come across the remains of an ancient temple. What happens next?

I've made you the scene using Blender 3D, XFrog and Adobe Substance. Your challenge is to add to it and show us what happens.

The “rules”:

• Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.
  • Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.
  • There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

To download the image below at 3840 x 2160 pixels, with an embedded ICC colour profile (sRGB), hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right. Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW125JungleTemple.jpg

When posting back your image – please use the Blue reply button in this first post. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun.

Dave

Note: Going forward I'm only going to put up these challenges fortnightly. We are in lockdown here, so I can't go out and take photos, and creating these 3D scenes takes too much time to do weekly whilst still doing all the other things that life entails. I have no problem of course if anyone else wants to put up a challenge in between 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure why, but I kept seeing a train coming through that arch.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another nice idea Trevor. It does indeed look like an old station 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor, is that the famous Shaking Earth locomotive with the collapsible chimney?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no the roof has a lid

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nowadays the local children are using the ancient temple as a playground.

SFTW125JungleTemple JE.jpg

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

less real.jpg

ICC programmer and developer, Photographer, artist and color management expert, Print standards and process expert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like that. It has an illustrative look to it.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane, I'm thinking I should upload the Dave Head to Adobe stock so other SFTW peeps can use it.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I should upload the Dave Head to Adobe stock so other SFTW peeps can use it."

I demand a cut 🙂 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Trevor.Dennis, I love the addition, Trevor, and now we finally know what Dave looked like when he was a kid ! 😊

@davescm, That's an astute observation, Dave. All the tires that I played on in my youth were no longer road-worthy, and this one is brand new. In your artwork, things that are old have scratches, rust, dents, or peeling plaster which adds authenticity to the image.

~ Jane 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

true but Dave had a rich dad and mum perhaps... how much is a new tire anyway?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha - nice one Jane.

That tyre is in better condistion than some we see on the road 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least 1200 years of exotic tourism, with patient hosts

Click/RightClick to see full size, or Click here to see in Chrome 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the foreground character is wearing the latest Covid facemask and gloves. Also the vaccine is being delivered by air.

Stay safe guys

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, everyone,

At far too long last I have realized how much I have underdone cluing, as an attempt to make my one image tale telling at least a wee bit more intelligible; I apologize for the inconvenience.

As a new start I have edited the image post above, inserting the introduction that should have been there in the first place, for new/repeated viewing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes it's good to get a clue - other times it's good just to let the viewer decide the story 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for saying that, Dave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a bit late for last weekend. having a go this one.

SFTW125JungleTempleMosaic.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's OK Dean, but it does mean that you have to upload a starter image for SFTW 126 🙂

Is that how the world looks as seen through the eyes of a fly?   Any flies out there who'd like to offer an informed opinion?  

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Trevor.Dennis said: "Any flies out there who'd like to offer an informed opinion?"

It's believed that this fly has opinions, but it is unknown as to whether they are informed.

Jane

150AC790-BAA8-4B93-90DF-C3688B6EB764.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nice image Jane-e but shame about the dull background

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be happy to upload a 126 image for this weekend. I'll see what I can take today.

Great fly pic Trevor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Trevor.Dennis Is this a photo that you took?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good gracious no Jane.   You'd need to be at an eleven on the Asperger's scale to take apicture like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Trevor.Dennis

Followed your suggestion and posted a SFTW 126.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines