• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 131 - Is there life on Mars?

Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

With the Perseverance Rover succesfully landing on Mars and setting off in search of life signs, I thought we might have our own bit of Mars based fun. So to that end, I've created my version of a Mars like surface. Can you now show us what life we might find there?

The “rules”:

* Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc

* Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.

* There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

To download the image below at 3842 x 1840 pixels, with an embedded ICC colour profile (sRGB), hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right. Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW131LifeonMars.jpg

When posting back your image – please use the Blue reply button in this first post. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun.

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recognise that beach:) Well done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very nice, Kathryn, and very lucky: Mondi Meach was on my wish list of sights to sea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

History is repeating itself

Click/RightClick to get closer, or Click Here to see in Chrome; and Click to get closer still.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

amazon.png

Absolute confirmation but that "Overnight Delivery" sales pitch is a scam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes 30 mins late

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha - will they throw the parcel out as they drive past?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Norman, I'm sure you are right, but I was wondering what sort of partnership would facilitate parcels to Mars?

image.png

This might be right up there with images that took a disproportionate amount of time on prepping the image elements.  I must have put well over an hour making the Amazon Space X logo, but you can barely see it. 😞

image.png

BTW  Is it just me, or does everyone else have to sign back in to the forum after more than five minutes (OK but an hour is about right) away?  It drives me crazy because it's not the fastest of sites to sign in to!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor, concerning the BTW there have been many different strangenesses involving signing out; some have to perform a signing in, while others such as I can just let it happen all by itself.

Edit: Wrong reference and link removed. Thank you, Dave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob - only ACPs and MVPs have access to the back room. Whilst that includes Trevor, it does not include everyone reading or taking part in this open thread.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its not just you but there is little point talking about it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recognise that feeling of working and putting time into a part of the image that is hardly seen. I sometimes do that when working on 3D scenes. The problem is once 'I' know a problem is there, I can't just leave it 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor: In response to "... I was wondering what sort of partnership would facilitate parcels to Mars?" I understand it's not the products that they crave. They are nuts about the bubble-wrap. It seems that, cooked properly, it can be delicious...just like glue, but cheaper.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

😀

Has anyone else noticed that you never see Norman and Ged at the same time? It had me fooled for ages, but Norman's bizarre index has now matched Ged's, and I am now sure they are one and the same.  Does Ged talk a lot about LAB Colour?

On the other hand, how would we know what Martians find tasty?  If Darwin's theories about evolution are right, in a few thousand years from now, successful sealife might 'thrive' on a diet of plastic.  I mean those millions of people who enjoy McDonnalds can't all be wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

😀

Has anyone else noticed that you never see Norman and Ged at the same time?

By @Trevor.Dennis

I don't play golf sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor, I tried to confirm which one I was but each time looked in the mirror a wrinkly faced old geezer jumped in front of me and blocked my view. I have no idea who he is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Madrian Wall

Click/RightClick to get closer, or Click Here to see in Chrome; and Click to get closer still.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow new Rome is almost ready for humans to move in

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've got one just like that near here 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spam.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure how you made the leap to that one Trevor - but it does work 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was stuck for ideas, so had a long look at the surface, and saw dark brown bread/biscuit.  Or I might just have been hungry. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which came first to Mars: SPAM or WiFi? 😊

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well done on the image Dave.

This isn't too original as I had something similar for a Moon image. I think the source was SFTW 70-something.

SFTW131mars.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes we did have a transistor back in '77 (SFTW77 that is) 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been a good weekend for entries so far and still lots of time for more, if anyone is glancing through this thread then don't just look - join in 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines