• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 16 - One for the pot!

Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Well there were so many twists and turns in last week's "Down to Earth" challenge that it was hard to tell what would be posted or discussed next .

For this week, something a bit different. I snapped this pot with my phone in a hotel foyer in Fuerteventura. I've done the cutting out already so your challenge is to put the pot into a new scene and, perhaps, light the fire.

Anything goes as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.

Anyone is welcome to have a go - whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.

There are no prizes - just the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun.

When posting back your edited images please use jpeg and downsize to 1200px on the long side. 

To download the image below without the forum scaling artifacts, right click and then use Save Image As / Save Picture As (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW16Pot.png

Enjoy and have fun.

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Week_16.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like that one Rista

Now all it needs is some cumin, coriander , fenugreek, cardamom, garlic, chilli, tomato.........

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'Now all it needs is some cumin, coriander , fenugreek, cardamom, garlic, chilli, tomato.........'

That makes me feel even more sorry for the poor chicken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems there's a new sheriff in town....

SFTW16Cowboy.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ROTFL!  That _really_ made me laugh.   I love how the lid has made into a stetson, and how effective that suggestion of a face is.   It's funny how the brain works with stuff like that.  Give it the tiniest of cues, and it automatically fills in the rest.

There's just one thing I am wondering...  Who is he facing that has scared him into wetting his pants?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha - Scary times in the wild west !

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fire and Ice

I put mine in the deep freeze for an hour to make the kids desert

icepot.dn.1524361454746.png

P.s, I apologise for the low quality rendor... A simple idea proved quit complex to execute

Files = Apply 2D art to a 3D model |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

USSNorway - I think that is the first entry using Dimension we've seen in these Something For The Weekend challenges. Thanks for posting the tutorial link.

That's a good reminder that any Adobe or non Adobe application can be used. Over the weeks we've seen images made using Photoshop, Fuse, Blender, After Effects and now Dimension.  I don't think we've seen Illustrator yet.  Come on everyone, don't be shy, if you have an idea - create it and post it

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm  wrote

I don't think we've seen Illustrator yet. 

Dave

I used Illustrator on the Egg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Jane - I did say "I don't think we've seen ..."

So when is someone going to come in and use Character Animator ?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't announce it then, but since you are keeping track, we can add it to the list!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first attempt.

Cosey.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you look nice and snug inside there mate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Love it, SMOk3420!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome SMOk3420 . I like it

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Better late than never, yep I lost the plot again

SFTW16.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, nice, Ged!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll have two of whatever they are serving in your local pub Ged!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They stop serving that years ago Dave, it's just the flashbacks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made myself laugh making this.    Best viewed full size

Jack-in-the-box-animation.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor.Dennis  wrote

I made myself laugh making this.    Best viewed full size

Note to self:

1. Swallow coffee
  2. Then look at SFTW

So funny, Trevor!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha - I'll get back in my box now

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I enjoyed making that one.  It's great practice and you continue to learn new tricks.  I needed a few reiterations of the spiral to keep people watching for the surprise last frame, and it turns out that you can keep pasting them from the clipboard.  Pretty much what you'd expect, but I have never seen any of this written down anywhere.  Things like moving an element that can get complicated unless you select all frames before moving the group that contains the layers for that particular element.

Another tiny tiny trick I worked out is an aid to keeping your position when matching frames to layers. With more than one animated element, it can be tedious matching layers to frames, and you can lose your place. So the obvious answer was after turning on the layer for a particular frame (green highlight) select the next layer to be synced (cyan highlight).  Then select the next frame in the timeline, and the matching layer is already selected ready to be turned on.

Something one of you guys might be able to help me with, is are there any shortcuts for selecting the next frame going forwards and backwards.  Or a shortcut for creating a new frame?    The only shortcuts I can find involve using the mouse, which is more of a longcut than a shortcut.   There is a great list of shortcuts grouped by function, which is a more useful way of showing them rather than the usual long list.

Default keyboard shortcuts in Adobe Photoshop

If there are no existing shortcuts, then I guess I can make Actions and set up a profile for my Razer Orbweaver.  I'm still learning the setup software 'Razer Synapse' and I don't have a clear picture in my mind about having separate Photoshop profiles, but it must be doable.  Or come to think of it, the Logitech G-key profiles _have_ to be switched manually, and my G910 keyboard has 3 x 9 G-keys.  The Logitech Gaming Software is better than Razer's Synapse as well.  So a job to think about when I get back from my trip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you will need to define the shortcut Trevor:

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, that's great.  Thanks for that.  As we are always telling people, you can save shortcuts with workspaces, so easy to borrow  shortcuts just for the Motion workspace. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines