• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the Weekend - Part 163 - Gone fishin'

Community Expert ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the last corkscrew challenge I thought we should get out into the big outdoors for some fresh air. So this week we have a springtime lake. Can you place yourself, or anyone else in the scene?

The “rules”:

* Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc

* Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert. This is not just for our forum "regulars".

* There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

* The starter image is made available for you to use in this forum challenge only.

To download the image below at full size and with a transparent background, hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right. Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW163Lake_in_Mountains.jpg

When posting back your image – please use the blue reply button in this first post. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 116 Replies 116
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beautiful render Dave 👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 with Ged, Dave. This is stunning! ❤️

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing, Dave!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you guys.

The terrain was modelled in World Creator, the trees in Xfrog. The water, clouds, pier and rope were created in Blender 3D and the boat was from Adobe 3D assets. Texturing was Substance Painter and Substance Designer and rendering was in Blender 3D.

2022-05-24_15-58-07.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another +1. As always, Dave you show your skill and imagination in the images you produce. Well done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone else feel a little guilty messing with Dave's wonderful renders? ...I do!!! (ha! ha!) - murphy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click/RightClick to get closer and Click again to get closer still, or Click Here to see in Chrome 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - that is why it was numbered 163 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

I actually considered an apology to go with it for my being so predictable.

It was simply stronger than I, all the more so because it gave the challenge of trying to make a tolerable reflexion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never any apologies needed in SFTW. You did a good job with the reflection 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your kind words, Dave. I was uncertain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A simple but clever adjustment Jacob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, Dean.

I believe it was frightfully less simple for me than it would be for most, with eight tools and one effect (Type, Eyedropper, Rectangle, Shear, Rotate, Reflect, Free Transform, Envelope Distort, and Arch); and many Undos at different (numbers of) levels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'many Undos....'

I think we can all identify with that one 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe should have said - looks simple but actually quite sophisticated.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like simple, Dean; I just (mis)used the word in another sense that reflected my struggle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW163LakeinMountains-JL.jpg

Here's a little reading material for your trip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's excellent use of the scene and the theme Jain. I love it!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Outstanding Dave.

SFTW-Sinking-Boat.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hahah - just when you think you are safe and away from it all, along comes a comet 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was expecting the comet to go behind the mountains. Then maybe the ice/snow would disapear.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor, that is so funny!

Love the animation, perfect aim.

K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor, that is so funny!

Love the animation, perfect aim.

K

By @kphotopage

We played with this back when we had the first forum Banner Challenge in 2016.  This was more for fun than a serious entry, and it turned out that I'd missremembered how I did it.

955275_Animated-forum-banner.gif

I thought that I created the layers with Free Transform Step & Repeat (Shift Ctrl Alt T).  Grouped the layers and warped the group, but you can't warp multiple layers.  So it comes down to carefully placing the centre handle and adding some angular movement to the Step & Repeat.  That gives you something like this that you can size, rotate and move into position, and then use Make Frames from Layers to start the frame animation.

image.png

Photoshop is akward with multiple moving object in a frame animation, so after automatically animating the comet, you have to manually create new frames and turn on the relevant layer.  The trick is to create all the content before you create the frame animation, because it can all go very wrong, very quickly, when you start adding conten after the frame animation has been started.  If you absolutely have to — and you usually do — then you need to select all of the frames and bring the layer in from another document, and even then you are likely to find that content is visible in all frames.

It can go so wrong, and take so much work to fix, that if you don't catch it right away it is nearly alway quicker to go back to your last saved version — assuming you save regularly.  If you have Animate, that is a much better app for making frame, or any other type of, animation than Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines