• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the Weekend - Part 179 - Life's a beach!

Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had a lot of fun with our end of year challenge in the snow. So, for our first challenge in 2023, I thought we might exchange the cold snow for warmer sand and head for the beach. I snapped this particular beach, at Sangobeg on the North coast of Scotland, a few years ago. It is a lovely place, even if the temperature is a bit lower than the Caribbean. The question is - what can you make with this empty scene?

The “rules”:

* Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc

* Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert. This is not just for our forum "regulars".

* There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

* The starter image is made available for you to use in this forum challenge only.

To download the image below, hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right. Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW179-Lifes-a-beach.jpg

When posting back your image – please use the blue reply button in this first post. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun.

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 153 Replies 153
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love it Warren. It puts me in mind of a certain robot's quote:

The first ten million years were the worst. And the second ten million: they were the worst, too. The third ten million I didn't enjoy at all. After that, I went into a bit of a decline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha - no worries about sunburn, but rust may become an issue in the future 🙂  Nice job Warren.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave I can remember being fascinated when I first heard that hippopotamuses are prone to getting sunburnt.  I filed that info in my long list of 'who'd have thought?' factoids. (Except I believe it is actually true)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The things you learn on SFTW Trevor, who indeed would have though that? 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my Image:beach.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a nice way to spend an afternoon - looking for shells and scrambling around rock pools. Nicely done Chana 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enchanting, Chana.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing to saySFTW179-Lifes-a-beach Kopie.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to SFTW Ronald. That treatment puts me in mind of the Photoshop 7.0 box 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's an interesting idea Roland.  I'm imagining it with the faintest of string lines leading out of shot to the person flying an ADOBE kite.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or Robinson Crusoe with text reading SOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW179-Lifes-a-beach copy.jpgOh such a busy beach ! 

Amybeth M
ACI G7 Certified Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those penguins must be (sea) lionhearted, Amybeth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It reminds me of their taking on an even larger one,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B2TIhp_rz4

I hope Trevor has (access to) the real version, rather than this muddy take (off the telly).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the one on the right saying:

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

too funny lol 

Amybeth M
ACI G7 Certified Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Amybeth's image the sealions are squaring up and the penguins chanting 'fight, fight, fight....'. Just like an old school playground!

I do like Trevor's interpretation though 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sea-Monkey...
3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice one Joseph. I had to look up what a Sea Monkey was and discovered it was a brine shrimp! More SFTW learning !

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even Spot gets a Holodeck allowance:

Spot on the holodeck.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I knew it wasn't real - I should have known, a tropical looking beach in the North of Scotland 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting one in before 180 arrives 🙂

SFTW179-Lifes-a-beachC.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really like it.  It's like a day trip to the beach turned into an excursion into the Twilight Zone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Warren. Thought I'd see what previous SFTW images could be used as inspiration 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've thrown the book, or at least the back catalogue, at that one Dean.

The new challenge will be up tomorrow 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines