• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the Weekend - Part 180 - Wheels within wheels

Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We did have a lot of entries to our previous beach challenge. Everyone must have been in the mood for a day at the beach.

This time I bring you two views of a simple object - a cog wheel. What can you make with it? You can use one or both views. I wonder if the animators amongst you can turn it into a full blown machine!  Show us your creativity!

The “rules”:

* Use the starter image as at least part of your own image entry.

* Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc

* Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert. This is not just for our forum "regulars".

* There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

* The starter image is made available for you to use in this forum challenge only. Sorry to emphasise this, but the image is not for use elsewhere.

To download the image below, hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right. I've made the background transparent to save you cutting it out. Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW180GearWheel.png

When posting back your image – please use the blue reply button in this first post. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun.

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 139 Replies 139
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JosephLabrecque_0-1675201628533.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite scarry to have a wheel in your four eyes!

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very nice Joseph !

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 5:00 somewhere...

SFTW180GearWheel JE03.jpg

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like that Jane - it would make a nice watch face. If it's 5 o'clock somewhere it's time to break out the.............. 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Many Gears of Love by Warren HeatonThe Many Gears of Love by Warren Heaton

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A Valentine themed upload.  Did we get a Superbowl upload?  

Topical themed uploads is an idea we could make more use of.  So far we have missed:  Groundhog Day on the 2nd, Charles Dickens Day on the 7th, and Darwin Day on the 12th all of which could have supplied ideas.  Not to worry as we still have Random Acts of Kindness Day on the 17th, Pancake Day on the 21st, and International Polar Bear and Pokemon Days both on the 27th.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor, a great holiday to celebrate would be Holi on March 8. It looks like so much fun!

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane, we could definitely get a bit of a theme going on for future SFTW threads.  I've seen video of the indian cover each other with dye festival.  I can imagine what their mums must think when they get home looking like this.  'And how do expect me to get those clothes clean?!'   Ten year old says, 'Sorry mum' and forteen year old says 'You'll get over it.  I'm starving. What's for tea?'

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, the mums do it too, Trevor! The bookkeeper at a place I used to work used to tell me about it and always invited me to come. I regret that it never worked out, but I could see the joy in her face when she talked about it!

She said the powder washes right out.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor, Jane, we could also include the real New Year(s), obviously ignoring the big one made by mistake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today is Hippo day. In case anybody was wondering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Day of the HippoDay of the Hippo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's a very well executed idea Warren.

Trevor - thanks for the ideas - I have something lined up for this Friday

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines