• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the Weekend - Part 188 - Scottish drama

Community Expert ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to all who took part in our previous tower challenge.

This weekend I take you to a wild part of Scotland. This small mound of land is Ard Neakie on Loch Eriboll, a sea loch on the north coast. It really is a remote, and impressive part of the world and this weekend's challenge is for you to show us what drama might unfold there.

The “rules”:

* Use one of the starter images as at least part of your own image entry.

* Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc

* Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert. This is not just for our forum "regulars".

* There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

* The starter images are made available for you to use in this forum challenge only. Sorry to emphasise this, but the images are not for use elsewhere.

To download the image below, hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right.

Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW188LochEriboll.jpg

When posting back your image – please use the blue reply button in this first post. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun.

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 123 Replies 123
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2023 May 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice one Jane.

You asked about flooding. It's a sea loch so if the ice caps melt...........

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2023 May 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great additions Trevor.

I was wondering how long it would take to seet that creature in the water 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nessie and Eilean Donan. Nicely done Trevor.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW188LochEriboll-JEL.jpg

Did someone say Scottish drama?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah yes! The village where a lot of it is filmed is just 60 miles from me. It's quite the tourist attraction now. 

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes we'll definitely count that as a Scottish drama 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW188LochEribollAviles.jpg

I used the "enhance" tool on the stone wall...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No wonder there aren't any people around with that slithering in and out of the loch!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing a drama unfold ...

SFTW188LochEriboll-vegan.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha ! You might have stirred things up with that one Monika! 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's almost as scary as Euan's creature in his first post 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, I think it will be compulsory for everyone to upload at least one Firefly inspired image to these threads from here on.  I STILL can't access Inpainting yet, which is disappointing.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess that's what global warming is going to do for use. Less of a loch and more of a mud flat ! That's a nice job wit the colouring and lighting Trevor.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lets pull the plug on this one...

scottish-drama.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now we know how Trevor's empty loch got started ! 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These last two images from Trevor and Sisham make me think of the very real problem the western states in the US are having with lakes that have dried up. Communities that depend on these lakes for water have suffered and park rangers have uncovered all kinds of things, including sets of human remains.

janee_0-1684153190111.png

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are three dry mud shots so far, Jane.

They must have been taken at a (space) time after a serious inflow of fresh mud, adding up to 60 meters to the current mud bed. The current depth is 50 meters as close as 150 meters to Ard Neakie.

https://uk.fishermap.org/depth-map/loch-eriboll-scotland/#map

It has long been used as a safe deep water anchorage, hence also receiving the surrendering North Atlantic and Arctic U boat fleet in 1945.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane wrote: These last two images from Trevor and Sisham make me think of the very real problem 

Jacob wrote: There are three dry mud shots so far

What are you calling the third, Jacob — this one or the one of Lake Mead? 😊

janee_0-1684167864729.png

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane, I meant the earlier one by Warren on 12th May; actually, I believe it shows shallow water plants, rather than dry mud.

Mine on 13th May was just an old B/W shot with the (first) U boat and the frigate having plenty of water under their keels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are three dry mud shots so far, Jane.

Regardless of how many dry mud shots there are, Jacob, only the two I referred to made me think of Lake Mead and the human remains they keep finding.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I quite understand, Jane, sorry.

You are right that a most frightful real drama unfolds on Lake Mead (rather than in it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No reason to be sorry, Jacob, but there is indeed drama at Lake Mead, reservoir of the Hoover Dam. In addition to human remains, the receding waters have revealed a WW2-era boat and a B-29 plane.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines