• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the Weekend - Part 215 - Walk on!

Community Expert ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Thank you to everyone who took part in our nuts and bolts challenge.

This week, I thought we should get out of the old tool shed and into the fresh air. I snapped this picture on a pleasant walk in North Yorkshire, England. It is part of the 109 mile 'Cleveland Way' trail. It was very tranquil on a hazy afternoon in the summer, and looks as if little happens there. But I am sure you can show us what goes on when there is no-one around.

The “rules”:

• Use the starter image as at least part of your own image entry.
  • Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright, etc.
  • Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert. This is not just for our forum “regulars”.
  • There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off your skills, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!
  • The starter image is made available for you to use in this forum challenge only.

To download the image,  hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right.

Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW215YorkshireWalk.jpg

When posting back your image — please use the blue reply button in this first post and use the 'Insert Photos' icon at the top of the reply box. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry, then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun!

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly you often turn a corner to see such a lovely view and the mobile telcos have got there first.

SFTW215YorkshireWalk-mobile.jpg

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll ring them and complain. Now if only I could get a signal...  🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alf Ventress is still here, unforgotten.

Click to get closer, Click again to get closer still

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still here , and taking advantage of a quiet afternoon 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That has to be one of your favourite TV shows Jacob, the number of times we see a reference to it on SFTW.  I can remember the Ford Anglia.  When I started my apprenticeship at Fords, the Anglia was being phased out, and the Mk 1 Esc0rt introduced.  The last Ice Age was receding, and the Grand Canyon was a deep ditch.  Nick Berry was just four years old at that time.   [If the forum bot lets me post this, then I had to change the car model name because that word was not allowed. ]

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2024 May 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You looking at me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right of course, Trevor. But the number of certain vehicle sightings has also been boosted by the many pleasant starter image settings in the North Riding (Heartbeat land) to reach 7 sightings of the black Panda 1 Ford Anglia and 3 sightings of the red Mandy Morris (Commercial) lorry. In contrast there has only been one such setting in the North Island (your roadless one in SFTW 84) and only 2 sightings of the white Holden Kingswood in Brokenwood.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW215YorkshireWalk submitted.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He's going to get a shock when he reaches those fence posts. The track descends very steeply via some rock steps. I hope his suspension is up to it! 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve McQueen in The Great Escape style attempt?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2024 Jun 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hehe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spending quality time with friends is crucial at any age because it strengthens our bonds, creates precious memories, and reminds us of the value of friendship.

SFTW215YorkshireWalk-mike.jpg

_______
Senior graphic designer | United Nations Population Fund

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very true Michael.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave 

_______
Senior graphic designer | United Nations Population Fund

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see bunny ears. Sorry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW215YorkshireWalk_Vecchio.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I was walking past the ferns, I remember thinking that they looked quite prehistoric. Now I know why! 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meeting at last,

from the far north, and from the northeast,

and overseen by a mutual friend

Click to get closer, Click again to get closer still

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There were a lot of pheasants nesting around there - but I didn't see those three! 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

🤔

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What goes on, when no-one is around? Pretty sure that someone comes up with a plan to ruin this beautiful scenery. Because what is it worth when no one can drive there, right? But look, we're making this eco-friendly. The wildlife can pass underneath.

SFTW215YorkshireWalk.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aarghhhhh nooooo! I love a good driving road but...

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nothing a  ton of concrete can't solve hey?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW215YorkshireWalk DTM Generative.jpgIf theres a club party in the countryside and no one is there, does the music make sounds?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines