Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 23 - Eiffel Tower

Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This week's image is brought to you not by me, but by ACP MelissaLA88 , thanks Melissa

It is of course the Eiffel Tower. So - to what use will you put the tower? To where will you transport it? Is it actually a tower or is it something else entirely?

As always:

Anything goes as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.

Anyone is welcome to have a go - whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.

There are no prizes - just the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun.

When posting back your edited images please use jpeg and downsize to 1200px on the long side.

To download the image below without the forum scaling artefacts, right click and then use Save Image As / Save Picture As (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW23Tower.jpg

Have fun

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fantastic photo. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Blender?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Credit for the photo goes to Melissa and is strictly 2D. My entry over the weekend might not be though

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No-one taken up the challenge yet? OK, I'll kick off.

These things get everywhere...……......

SFTW23Pylons.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh that's good Dave, very imaginative. Is that the 'Angel of the North' holding up the powerlines?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it was the "Angel of the North" that put together the composite 

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Très bon, Dave!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm  wrote

No-one taken up the challenge yet? OK, I'll kick off.

These things get everywhere...……......

SFTW23Pylons.jpg

Dave

I like this one Dave.  If I can ever persuade you to visit, we can maybe drive the Rainbow Road. It was built by the power companies to run high tension power-lines down the centre of the South Island so those useless buggers in the North Island could steal our electricity.  It's one of my favourite things to do here.  Usually with a driver over the Molesworth one day with an overnight in Hanmer Springs, and back home via the Rainbow.  The latter is a serious four wheel drive road and scary in places.  In fact it gets washed out at least a couple of times a year, but at the best of times involves crossing loose scree with the truck at an angle, and 500 feet straight down to the raging river at the bottom of the slope.

It's great for photographs, but by its nature, there are always power-lines in the shot.

The Molesworth is not quite as exiting, but still beautiful.  It is the highest road in NZ (not counting the road up to the Remarkables ski-field) and the largest Station.  The horses used to muster the sheep off the high slopes are allowed to roam free at the top.

This is Chris near the source of the Wairau river.  Fifty kilometers further, it is huge and raging, but when it gets to us it has lost most of its water to the aquifer.  Interesting stuff if you have an engineering type background.

I've not seen any Newcastle Brown locally, but a buddy of mine owns a craft beer pub, so you'll have to get over here one day.

OK, back to the Eiffel Tower.  Sorry for pinching the thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trevor

There's no such thing as 'pinching the thread' on SFTW. Some of the side discussions make very interesting reading. That does look a beautiful part of the world. As for Newcastle Brown, I never touch the stuff. I'm most likely to be seen drinking Guinness.

I took a look at that PetaPixel discussion. There were some excellent ideas although the execution on one or two was dubious☺  I'm sure I saw Benjamin Root in the list.

Mangoiaba - you've set it on fire!☺

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave ~ the picture is unadulterated sunset!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mangoiaba  wrote

Thanks Dave ~ the picture is unadulterated sunset!

What !! That won't do at all - this is "Something for the weekend" which is all about picture mangling! (nice picture though !)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm  wrote

Credit for the photo goes to Melissa and is strictly 2D. My entry over the weekend might not be though

Dave

Thanks for the shoutout, Dave! Loving the creativity!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Week023.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ç'est adorable!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merci, Madame

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's clever Rista - I like it

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's lovely Rista . I'd like a porcelain plate with that printed on it. I could pretend it was the Ming Dynasty. Unlike Jane I can't speak German

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

terris86415680  wrote

Unlike Jane I can't speak German

Terri,

Moi non plus. Parlez vous Français?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another on the industrial theme.

SFTW23Oilrig.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love it, Rista12!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MelissaA88  wrote

I love it, Rista12!

Yeah, me too. Rista consistently has a skewed perspective on these things that is very refreshing. I mean, I enjoy them all very much, but Rista's are...different

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/D+Fosse  wrote

MelissaA88   wrote

I love it, Rista12!

Yeah, me too. Rista consistently has a skewed perspective on these things that is very refreshing. I mean, I enjoy them all very much, but Rista's are...different

Very much so! I need to show up here more often! This is fun!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you  (I think?).  Must be the California sun broiling my brain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It reminds me of that 'Can you Photoshop the Eifflel Tower under my finger' thing that went viral a few years ago.  It was all over the internet, but I saw it on PetaPixel and was dared to have a go.  This was the source image, and I am sure a lot of you will have seen it on one site or another. 

Most of the entries were crude but funny, but IIRC I took a bit more time than some of them, and gave him some feet, and some embarrassingly poor rivers of blood from the crushed picnickers under his big boots.  I have no idea what I was thinking with those footprints in the sand?

It's worth checking out all the pictures, but since mine and other people's attempts are in the Comments, there will be a lot more on other websites.

https://petapixel.com/2015/04/25/this-is-what-happens-when-you-ask-the-internet-to-help-edit-your-va...

Now to think up something for Melissa's photograph.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines