• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 24 - Football Crazy!

Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

With the world cup football underway (soccer to my friends in North America) I thought it would be a good opportunity for you to show what skills you have with a ball.

I thought we had better not use the official world cup ball (FIFA World Cup official match balls - Wikipedia ) as it is covered in sponsor logos. So I bring you our own SFTW "official" ball.   What will you do with it?

As always:

Anything goes as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.

Anyone is welcome to have a go - whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.

There are no prizes - just the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun.

When posting back your edited images please use jpeg and downsize to 1200px on the long side.

To download the image below without the forum scaling artefacts, right click and then use Save Image As / Save Picture As (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW24Football.png

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

This one has me singing, “There is a house in New Orleans...” How much is photograph and how much did you create?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane

The ground is a photograph (from Pixabay), the legs are a Fuse model, the ball is the png from the first post (which itself was created in Blender as a 3D model) and the chain is 3D created in Blender. All composited in Photoshop.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor, I was not expecting your story to conclude as it did. Wow, and so sad for the engineer.

Curious about who wrote that first thing on the board? Was it someone I know?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we call that “biscotti”, which I never thought of as the Italian word for “biscuit”. You win the biscuit contest—that looks really good!

Well, it's not actually Italian for "Biscuit", but they're from the same root, meaning "Twice Baked".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You learn something every day on this forum

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fun fact: I used to make biscotti.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one came to me while watching the news tonight.  Poor Robbie.  He was so obviously just waiting for someone to throw him a SFTW ball to demonstrate his party trick.

Robbie-Williams-2.gif

Note:  It was a struggle to keep the file size down with this one, so I hope it doesn't slow the thread down. It's only 500 pixels wide and 20 frames, but it is 2.5Mb.  I guess if people start to find the SFTW threads too slow, we might have to think about restricting animated GIFs.  Strangely, the most fun I have had this week was making the lift buttons and infographics in post #20

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll throw in a quick attempt

DSC_7107 Soccer Ball.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Benjamin.  I thought you'd fallen down that hole lurking beyond the narrow beam of your super bright torch.  Where have you been?  What have you been up to?  I like your eagle, and that was a nice surprise when I zoomed in on what it had in its beak.  Did you see the bald eagle pinches rabbit meal from startled fox pictures?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, Trevor! Well I just got enough mud formed into steps to climb out of the trench I torched! These thunderstorms kept washing out my progress but didn’t have the decency to fill the trench so I could float out No, really I’ve been busy with too many things to count. I try to pop in when I can

Yeah, I saw the Fox vs Eagle! Pretty darn cool! I‘ve caught pictures of an Eagle flying off with a rabbit - but stealing it from a Fox...Wow! Have to say, I do feel a bit sorry for the Fox - I’m sure he worked hard for that meal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Benjamin+Root  wrote

Have to say, I do feel a bit sorry for the Fox - I’m sure he worked hard for that meal.

Yes the look on its face afterwards is priceless.

What I'd like to know is how he took stills and video of the same short event.  Does he have some clever dual mount tripod arrangement? Or are there cameras that can do that now?  I don't bother keeping up with sites like DPReview nowadays, because I can't see me buying any new kit any time soon.  I barely use what I've got now, and just used my phone on a recent  trip to the UK.

Good to hear you are keeping busy, and I hope with good stuff.  I hadn't heard about extreme weather in your part of the world, but that seems to be situation normal everywhere lately.  At least the temperatures look OK   Is that warning at the bottom anywhere near you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW Football Jane 4.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor, it's been mighty hot here in the Midwest USA  - making up for the low temps we endured during the Spring.

The Oranges and Magentas are Excessive Heat. The Greens are Flood Watch. The Greys are Air Quality Alert. A very sultry day.

Of course, you are heading into Winter down there, which I understand is a lot milder than those we get here in Chicago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as simultaneously recording stills and video, I seem to recall a few cameras can. That said, I’m not sure if the camera would be saving full res raw files, or if the stills would simply be freeze frames, in similar fashion to the iPhone (7)

However, from what I’ve read, there were two photographers watching the same scenario unfold. Kevin Ebi snaped photos while Zachary Hartje shot the video.

I’m in the next county over (Benton), only a few miles from CR. It has been rather warm and muggy...Alright, downright oppressive. Days like today make one wish to sit in the A/C all day. That ain‘t happening, of course!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor.Dennis  wrote

What I'd like to know is how he took stills and video of the same short event.  Does he have some clever dual mount tripod arrangement? Or are there cameras that can do that now?

My Sony camera that records video in HDV can also take stills while recording video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Simpler times ……..

SFTW24Pong.gif

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice idea Benjamin.

Jane - I wasn't sure whether you have invented world cup bubble gum or she is showing proper respect for the game by kissing the ball. I decided on the first.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm  wrote

Nice idea Benjamin.

Jane - I wasn't sure whether you have invented world cup bubble gum or she is showing proper respect for the game by kissing the ball. I decided on the first.

Dave

Ahhh...  bubblegum. Thank goodness for that.  I'm not sure what I thought it was, but I really didn't want to be the first comment on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, bubble gum!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines