• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 46 - Get it off your chest!

Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

We had a great response to last week's waterfall challenge, thanks to all that took part.  Regulars to "Something for the weekend" will know that sometimes we start with a scene and sometimes with an object. Well, given that last few challenges have been scenes, I thought this time we should start with an object. So I bring you this old chest.

What can you do with the chest to incorporate it into an image that tells us a story? Will you tell us the secrets it keeps, show us who used it, or will you use it for something else entirely?

As always, anything goes as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.

Anyone and everyone is welcome to have a go - whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.

There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy - come and have a go!

When posting back your edited images please use jpeg and downsize to 1200px on the long side.

To download the image below in jpeg format with ICC color profile (sRGB) and without the forum scaling artefacts , right click and then use Save Image As /Save Target As (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW46Chest.jpg

Enjoy the weekend.

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor, that Plug Hole reminds me of a hole we have here in Chicago. There was a development to be called "The Chicago Spire", whic was to be a round, uber-tall building on the Lakefront. They dug the foundation, and then ran out of money.

chicagospire_const-hole_(c)marshallgerometta.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Semaphoric  wrote

Trevor, that Plug Hole reminds me of a hole we have here in Chicago. There was a development to be called "The Chicago Spire", whic was to be a round, uber-tall building on the Lakefront. They dug the foundation, and then ran out of money.

That's a very cool story, but looking at this concept image, I am not surprised it failed. A counter clockwise helix is inherently wrong!

It's getting old now, to blame everything on Trump, but it is impossible not to think of him when you hear about dodgy hotel projects that fail at the building stage.

Image result for The Chicago Spire

Joan, I wasn't expecting to hear it was somewhere in America.  It looks very like woodland in both England and New Zealand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor.Dennis  wrote

Joan, I wasn't expecting to hear it was somewhere in America.  It looks very like woodland in both England and New Zealand.

Trevor, I spent five days hiking in the forests along the Oregon coast. They are breathtaking!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor and jane-e - You are correct, the Oregon Coast is breathtaking, I never get tired of it. We were just on a fifty-mile drive in the surrounding hillside and the coastline is off in the distant view. When in England and France we were shocked at how much our forests appear the same. How I love it here. My sister visited New Zealand and said the same thing you have Trevor. Kind regards, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Joan great idea, and Trevor is right,  those woods do look like the woods here in England. There are no bears in ours though!
Semaphoric what a great ised - I wonder what will show on the x-ray.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor,

A counter clockwise helix is inherently wrong!

I should agree with you, had it been down under; but north of the doldrums every tree twists anticlockwise: all trees strive for the sun.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, the smoke rising from the cigar was (stolen) from the crash helmet igloo; the denser smoke had just been inhaled from the actual cigar.

By the way, the bottle is from the oldest commercial rum distillery, so it could have happened long ago (more than 300 years).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Davescm, I was walking in the woods near my house and ... FUN! JHA upload Chest.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

joanh22203655  wrote

Hi Davescm, I was walking in the woods near my house and ... FUN! JHA upload Chest.jpg

Joan, cool woods.  Where is this? 

The monster-in-the-chest is more than a bit scary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

USA Oregon Coast woods. Thanks! JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But will it fit in the overheard?

Airport Scanner.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines