• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 47 - Mind your head!

Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

We had a great response to last week's treasure chest challenge. So many people filled the chest with gold that I though we would set this week's challenge in an old gold mine.

I've created the mine for you, what will you do with it? Will you create the miners, add the gold, or use it for something else entirely?

Anything goes as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.

Anyone and everyone is welcome to have a go - whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.

There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

When posting back your edited images please use jpeg and downsize to 1200px on the long side.

To download the image below in jpeg format with ICC color profile (sRGB) and without the forum scaling artefacts , right click and then use Save Image As /Save Target As (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW47Mine.jpg

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very realistic, Dave, and I love the coffee cup touch!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'What coffee cup?  Whoops! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor.Dennis  wrote

'What coffee cup?  Whoops! 

Trevor, pretty much, I spilled my coffee when I saw this. Did you go looking through Chuck’s photos from MAX? And look through my jewelry case to find my tiara?

And we have the requisite blood for Week 47, so that part is done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And a step curve ahead.

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Wow this bodes well. It's not long since I posted and two entries already !

Jane - thank you.

Trevor - excellent idea. I did think about modelling the mine cart but decided to leave the space open and if you needed one you can add it. You duly obliged.

Jacob - I'm off - that looks like it will be followed by one big bang!

Great stuff

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From my granddaughter, age 11, using Adobe Illustrator Draw on the iPad:

SFTWGold Immi 2 1200.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane

Brilliant - it's great to see youngsters getting involved .  I notice the cup now has a drink in it. I wonder what's behind those doors ?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A friendly warning

SFTW47DaveEtc.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm  wrote

I wonder what's behind those doors ?

“Homes — it’s an underground city.”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wrote

wrote

I wonder what's behind those doors ?

“Homes — it’s an underground city.”

Of course ! I should have known

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane, I love the little underground city people.  Are they from a cell phone game?   My eyes fair lit up when I remembered Chucks pictures from MAX.  It's a pity they are not a bit bigger so I could make a Jane head .  By heck I've had some mileage from the Dave Head. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor.Dennis  wrote

Jane, I love the little underground city people.

Hi Trevor,

Yes, the Meta Knight is from Nintendo’s Kirby video game.

Chuck took a lot of pictures at MAX and I don’t know why I was in so many of them. He didn't know he would be the cause of so much trouble!

Yes, Trevor, you have gotten a lot of mileage from “The Dave Head”, but I didn’t know that you had used it enough to give it an official name. Or shall we call it “TDH” for short?

Is this mine in the UK or in the USA? I am asking because I want to know which of us is driving so fast with one wheel off the tracks and sparks flying and men shooting and my coffee shot into pieces and blood splattered across the front and me laughing?

What is it that I'm finding so funny? Okay, your picture. There is that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jane-e  wrote

Is this mine in the UK or in the USA? I am asking because I want to know which of us is driving so fast with one wheel off the tracks and sparks flying and men shooting and my coffee shot into pieces and blood splattered across the front and me laughing?

What is it that I'm finding so funny? Okay, your picture. There is that.

I'm sure that's you driving Jane — Dave is a very careful driver.   The ore wagon is tilted over because I made the wheel spacing too wide for Dave's tracks, and I didn't to  scale it down to fit and lose the detail, which is a remark loaded with irony because I wanted to upload it before going to bed  (12:21AM my time) so I ran out of patience.  When I build  things like this, I create the outline  and fill with a flat colour, then clip a texture layer to it later.   The next morning I realized that the wagon's  tipping pivot, and the wheel shaft are both flat outlines.  My bad  on that.

That's a lovely picture of you.  Would you  be offended if I asked  Chuck for the full res version and used it to make  The Jane Head?     Or if you have another picture you'd prefer?   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor.Dennis  wrote

I'm sure that's you driving Jane — Dave is a very careful driver.  

That's a lovely picture of you.  Would you  be offended if I asked  Chuck for the full res version and used it to make  The Jane Head?     Or if you have another picture you'd prefer?   

I’m only a careful driver when I’m on roads, Trevor.Dennis​. Every time I drive in a mine with guys close behind firing their guns and trying to kill me, I do tend to drive like a maniac, so I accept your explanation, and yes, I am the driver and the the steering wheel is on the left. I’m surprised davescm isn’t shrieking in terror, though.

Soon you’ll have heads for all of us, Trevor, so go ahead and ask Chuck. But we need a good head of you as well. Can you give us that? “The Trevor Head”!

I do love your imagination!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It's only Saturday morning here and look at all the entries!

Jacob - the flowers in the cup give the mine a homely touch

Jerry - You realise that is my special tin foil hat for conspiracy theories. Now who moved the pick axe?
Rista - Ghostly characters abound - the mickey mouse cup is a nice touch !

Joan - look at the size of those rubies - no wonder Trevor is trying to file a claim. Watch him though - he'll change the perspective so that he gets more for his money !

Dean - you have finally found the source of the river of gold. Although is it gold or egg yokes?

If you have just come across this thread - come and join in .

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

Jacob - the flowers in the cup give the mine a homely touch

And as written, there is NO DANGER.

I decided to try to get there before Jane and BarbBinder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jane-e  wrote

Trevor.Dennis   wrote

I'm sure that's you driving Jane — Dave is a very careful driver.  

... and yes, I am the driver and the the steering wheel is on the left. I’m surprised davescm  isn’t shrieking in terror, though.

Looking again, Trevor, I see why Dave isn’t shrieking in terror. He’s a little in front already and he’s positioning himself. As we go around and up the curve, he’s going to shove me off the mine cart with his left shoulder and take over the steering wheel and drive off and save himself from those two guys who are shooting at us.

With any luck, I’ll fall into the river of gold or someone will open one of their doors and let me in. Otherwise I will stand up and turn around and face those two guys with the guns with my shoulders squared and look them straight in the eye. That’s how I always face two guys who point guns at me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane,

I thought you were smiling so much because you had just made it through the sharpest imaginable bend whereas the two non gentlemen with the recognizable helmets (which go with goose stepping) failed and undoubtedly wrecked the side car wheel in the corner so they will hardly go any further.

And of course because you have obviously mowed down some of their fellow goose steppers (maybe even goose stepping in front of you), the blood being on the front of the bucket with yous behind it and unscathed.

It was clever to lock the bucket before the fun ride, or it might have been even funnier (whether funny peculiar or funny hah hah).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Jacob+Bugge  wrote

Jane,

I thought you were smiling so much because ...

Hi Jacob,

I like your explanation much better than mine. Dave is too kind to push me out of the cart (even if he is way in front of me so I can barely reach the steering wheel.) I think it was my subconsciousness thinking I would rather come face-to-face with those guys with guns than to start the task I had set out to do today, which I have actually gotten a good start on, so I'm going with your version!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fun time Help me out of the cave...it is beautiful outside

SFTW47Mine.png..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lighter.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines