• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 58 - Behind closed doors.

Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Who knows what goes on behind closed doors? Well, I hope you do because this weekend's challenge is to open the doors in the image below and show us what is inside. If you look closely, you will see there are three doors and you are free to open one, two or all three.

As always, anything goes as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.

Anyone and everyone is welcome to have a go - whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.

There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

For those who strive for realistic composites, this is an opportunity to practice with perspective and shadows.

When posting back your edited images please use jpeg and downsize to 1200px on the long side. This is to stop the thread slowing down when lots of images are added.

To download the image below in jpeg format with ICC color profile (sRGB) and without the forum scaling artefacts , right click and then use Save Image As /Save Target As (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW58Doors.jpg

Enjoy !

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2019 Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that took me almost a minute to get Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Graham, would it have been faster if I had Lit Fire?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Graham, the one I'm wondering about is my first one. In the last half a year I've learned the a lot of the BBC shows never made in across the pond, so did "The Price is Right" with with Monty Hall and the car and goats make it around the world?

People still talk about it here.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-3-door-monty-hall-problem/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we had the price is right but with Ian 'Turps' Turpie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Doors of Perception"  Very Good, Jane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Goodness, we getting clever now Jane.   And on multiple levels.  Given the Aldous Huxley connection and his psychedelic mescaline trips, I expect Ged got the reference in a heartbeat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Jacob - the doors must be to our parliament as I can see that the "eyes" have it....

Dean - Points for getting a previous SFTW image into it.

Joan - I love the ornate mouse hole !

Kphotopage - You've done a great job on the perspective and shadowing on the half open door.

Jane - I'll hold you personally responsible for me humming "Light my Fire" for the rest of the day.

Great ideas - keep them coming !

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spot on with the Parliament, Dave. Luckily, or unluckily, it is certainly far enough from Downing Street 10, or the Chief Mouser to the Cabinet Office would be lurking at the fifth door (and maybe disrupting the balance or whole functioning by removing a few "ayes").

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fun to see everyone being creative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"One pill makes you larger, and one pill makes you small..."

SFTW58Doors Alice 1200 JE.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW58Doors3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Ged+Traynor 

Ged that is a great idea, and right up with your usual bizarre quotient but white you were busy on Photoshop, things were happening in your part of the world.  Better go check the doors and windows are locked methinks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Modern day arena..........

SFTW58DoorsStadium.jpg

(Pitch courtesy Pixabay)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"When is a door . . ."

Not a Door.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A little redo to cartoon...

Door.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Jane - If she gets smaller will she just go under the door ?

Ged - Nice texture. That would make a wall tile. I'm not sure whose wall though ...

Semaphoric - Brilliant !

Daniel - I like that the minions are now men of the cloth, in keeping with the style of the door.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm  wrote

Don’t forget my bonus points for the earlier SFTW, Dave. It’s tiny, but it’s there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe it is like the fifth door, Jane, no one seems to notice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wrote

wrote

Don’t forget my bonus points for the earlier SFTW, Dave. It’s tiny, but it’s there.

Ah the key - I'd forgotten about that one

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

dinner.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines