• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 62 - Cold water.

Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Another weekend is coming up. They do seem to come around faster as I get older !

For this weekend I bring you a very cold ocean with enough ice to keep your drinks cool for the rest of the year. What will you make with it?

As always, anything goes as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.

Anyone and everyone is welcome to have a go - whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.

There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

When posting back your edited images please use jpeg and downsize to 1200px on the long side. This is to stop the thread slowing down when lots of images are added.

To download the image below in jpeg format with ICC color profile (sRGB) and without the forum scaling artefacts , right click and then use Save Image As /Save Target As (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW62IcySea.jpg

Have fun

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

F1Vanc - there was a time when I would have said that it's never too cold for windsurfing. Then I got older

Trevor - I hadn't noticed the hexagonal section on the magnet knot - until you pointed it out. Now I can't unsee it !

I like that animation.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor.Dennis  wrote

Did anyone notice that the knotted section changed from rectangular to hexagonal?

We haven't had an animation  for a while, so I thought I'd get a little bit political. 

Trevor,

When I first saw this, I thought the magnet itself was knotted, but now that you’ve told us to go back and look, I tried to follow the knot. It’s sort of an Escher mystery, as the loop on top does not appear to be connected to the rest of the magnet and just barely loops under itself in front and I’m not sure how the back of it connects at all. I love it, plus your animation is spot-on.

C585C5FD-DB7B-4477-B720-6761A1BF6884.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor, Dave,

I noticed nothing strange in the obtuse angle/hexagonal transition; as I (mis)remember it, you can often see similar section changes when you twist and stretch over the anvil, the broad side in the bend towards the southern friends could look like a broadened fourth side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2019 Mar 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sea-in-a-sieve-Ussnorway.jpg

Adobe only:

Fuse, Photoshop, Dimension

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully the captain is paying attention.

SFTW62IcySeaT.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Graham - the perpective on that is very good. Nice job with Fuse and Dimension. I worry about her boat though - it looks as if it may be somewhat leaky

Dean - That boat was definietly leaky !

Ponytail - She has the right expression for that cold water !

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GIRL 2SFTW62IcySea.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too cold for windsurfing!Wind Surfing in cold water.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need at least one whale to make an appearance.

SFTW62IcySeaW.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You beat me to it Dean. I was just finishing Ishmael's nemesis :

SFTW62MobyDick.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shouldn't there be bits of a sail ship & an angry captain?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Graham,

This was the happy ending, after the unfinished business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW62IcySea je 1200.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

That kayak gets about Jane. It went over the falls in SFTW45, made a brief appearance in SFTW51, and here he is, still paddling it.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, we haven't had the obligatory Dave's Head image!  This is honestly how Dave speaks, except when he is trying to sound like a posh Southerner when he does his Tech  Wednesdays.    How to speak like Dave. LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hahaha! I see from the video there are plenty of diphthongs, just like my Midwestern accent. Now I live in Texas, and a Texan friend constantly makes fun of my accent, which cracks me up because he is the one with the accent. I mean really.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cold Day to Remember.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Trevor - if it gets that cold here I might have to put a jacket on . Accent , what accent ??

Semaphoric - Nice one. I'm sure Jane's kayak will be standing by for when it hits the iceberg.

On a wider note, there is room for all kinds of images here provided we make them ourselves, based on the first posted image and, as stated in the first post, don't break the rules on decency, copyright etc. I've not seen anyone monopolising opinion here, political or otherwise, just folk having some fun with imagery.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with the current rules as they are. I haven't seen anything that goes against the decency rule. Putting a rule against political satire or any political reference at all would create new problems. Where would you draw the line?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Professionally I like the standard line - Do no harm...just have fun. Perhaps my background has made me more sensitive to bully stuff. Dave, you are the author and I will leave content in your hands. Thanks. JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

joanh22203655  wrote

Professionally I like the standard line - Do no harm...just have fun.

I agree. Harm can come from an image that offends or words. My comment about not being opposed to political satire and posing the question of what could be political was not meant to offend anyone. I regret posting it as do feel I got a bit of backlash with my words twisted into something very different. I did not feel too happy reading the reply and how I was portrayed.

Anyway, hope this can be the last of the discussion. I came here for a positive experience and hope to contribute that for others too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dean for your thoughts. I appreciate the fact that you consider it very difficult to decide what is political and what is not. I tend to think it’s quite simple to make the determination. Posting an animated gif showing the president of the United States purposely melting icebergs, as if to say he has no respect for the environment, is about the same as my posting of an animated gif showing Senator Bernie Sanders, dressed as the grim reaper sinking in a small porous boat while screaming “I want your money”! They both would be considered humorous by some and disrespectful by others, yet both gifs are political. I honestly can’t see what you don’t understand about the distinction.

It’s very simple to request non-political posts. Just don’t make cute, disparaging and mis-leading posts  about public figures such as Gavin Newsom, Nancy Pelosi, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez or other opposing politicians. In my opinion this would also apply to contentious political matters. What’s difficult about that? There are other methods of bringing in humor. I belong to many forums, as do most on this forum, and none of them accept political or controversial posts.  In fact, most have moderators who will remove questionable posts. One forum, to which many here also belong, states "rude, disrespectful or disruptive behavior may result in warnings against your account”. The definition of these terms are usually determined by the moderator. To not follow these guidelines  would invite infighting which would, in my opinion, be the ruination of an interesting and very information forum. This is completely up to the moderators and I will abide by their rules.  I just didn’t realize that rude, mis-leading political satire was acceptable.  My mistake, now I know! I could say much more, but I think it was fall on deaf ears for the most part.

You need not reply to me Dean as I will not be here. There are numerous photoshop forums where I can gather knowledge and methods.

Thanks you and Dave for letting me voice my opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, great idea, but where are the people pretending to fly perched above the bow?  I guess they'd be hard to see from that viewpoint.

Image result for titanic flying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm over the Trump bashing as much as anyone else but one satire isn't worth changing the forum rules

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Posted by Devonman

Some very unfortunate views above, mine is after some Continental plate shift.mine after continental plate shift.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines