Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 67 - Rolling stones

Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It seems that wherever there are rocks and stones lying around people have the urge to pile them up. These mini-cairns are at Loch Loyne in Scotland. There was a request a couple of years ago for folk not to build them as they were misdirecting walkers and some were hiding left rubbish under them. One larger example on Ben Nevis hid a piano !

Can you show us, by modifying the image, what they are for. Are they memorials, photo opportunities, a bit of fun or something more sinister. You decide.

Anything goes as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.

Anyone and everyone is welcome to have a go - whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.

There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

When posting back your edited images please use jpeg and downsize to 1200px on the long side. This is to stop the thread slowing down when lots of images are added.

To download the image below in jpeg format with ICC color profile (sRGB) and without the forum scaling artefacts , right click and then use Save Image As /Save Target As (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW67Stones.jpg

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A bit late

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2019 Apr 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW67Stones_thing.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Rolling Stones, you say?

EDIT:

This is not a "thumbs down" — rather it's "Under My Thumb", by the Rolling Stones, in honor of the title of the thread!

Listen to it here:

The Rolling Stones - Under My Thumb (Live) - OFFICIAL - YouTube

SFTW67Stones JE 1200.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thirty-five miles from home:

SFTW67Stones JE Nessie 1200.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Dean - Excellent stone man. It looks like something from a Nordic tale.

Trevor - we've had a lot of those school protests here. Hopefully people will start to listen.

Jacob - I like the meerkat image and I see you worked in the piano mentioned in post one.

Jane - thanks for clarifying - when I first saw this I thought you were putting down the Rolling Stones . Yes Nessie is some-way from home - there must be a tunnel.

Great stuff all. It's still not too late for an entry this week.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

The Stones fall into my top 5, most likely!

I thought about doing “Get off of My Cloud”, but the clouds were too far away and too thin. Plus you already did “Paint it Black”. You thought it was a black hole, but it was really a red door painted black (imho).

Mick Jagger, btw, is expected to make a full recovery after his heart valve replacement.

Mick Jagger ‘Doing Very Well’ After Heart Surgery – Rolling Stone

I have to say, though, I had to zoom in to see that those tiny things were cairns. Here’s the one we toss a couple of stones on when we hike up Sugarloaf Mountain in Maryland.

Cheers,

Jane

F7C6FBD4-2640-424A-A201-22603A58C3EB.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are bigger cairns here too Jane. Like I said - they found a piano under one! It was all teh little ones that puzzled me though.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jane-e  wrote

Mick Jagger, btw, is expected to make a full recovery after his heart valve replacement.

Mick Jagger ‘Doing Very Well’ After Heart Surgery – Rolling Stone

Will that valve have come from a pig?  It's not a subject to make light of, but this is Mick Jagger we are talking about, and I can't believe there is not a meme or two floating around the Internet making fun of poor Mick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's my Re-Do. If it's not clear now, it never will be!

If you don't read the lyrics, it's a good song. If you do read them, you have to wonder how he got away with saying those words!

I forgot about the piano. You have to wonder how that got there!

Trevor, if there aren't any memes yet, you would be the best to make one. With his lifestyle, who would have thought he would still be alive and rocking at 75?

SFTW Thumb.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

In that flatscape, Meerkats really needed those (small) cairns. I had to snitch The Piano from under the little girl and from behind the widow on the beach, then redo/conceal missing bits.

Jane (could have) fooled me, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curiously, undoubtedly unknown to most, the thumb thing (the thumb(s) up, hence the thumb(s) down) is one of the things that have changed to the opposite of what it once was.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines