• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 76 - Fly me to the moon!

Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2019 Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It's 50 years this year since man first stepped onto the surface of the moon. I watched a documentary, last week, on NASA's plans to send astronauts to the moon again by 2024. It showed artists impressions of what a base on the moon might look like with modern technology. Which got me thinking...........

I've produced a 3D render simulating the moon surface. Can you show us what it will look like when man/woman returns.

Anything goes as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.

Anyone and everyone is welcome to have a go - whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.

There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

When posting back your edited images please use jpeg and downsize to 1200px on the long side.

To download the image below in jpeg format with ICC color profile (sRGB) and without the forum scaling artefacts , right click and then use Save Image As /Save Target As (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW76Moon.jpg

Have fun

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2019 Jun 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From I. (age 12)

There is a surprise in the shadows...

immi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a surprise in the shadows...

Indeed, I, as deep as the colour (I am afraid at least I need a clue or a heavy zoom).

There is another surprise under the feet of the sitting lassbairn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whats a YEET?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ussnorway  wrote

whats a YEET?

Hi Graham,

“Yeet” is a meme and it’s something you say when you’re very excited.

I.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jane-e  wrote

“Yeet” is a meme and it’s something you say when you’re very excited.

Jane, I looked into this, and these excited looking children were full of Yeet.

Whereas these not so excited children are completely Yeet free,  Ipso facto, case proven methinks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW76Moon2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some enchanting evening . . .

window-look1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Wow - what a weekend!

Grant - I see the game of moon golf will continue next time around.

Trevor - It is definitely made of cheese then. On your second image, nice job!.  I recognise the phrase as I watched 2001... a few weeks back. I couldn't make head nor tail of the ending though

Jacob - The sea of tranquility does not look so tranquil now then. On your second image - I'll keep away from the moon - too much building work going on.
Rista - It's a good job Conrad got there first - I'm sure a golden tower will follow.

Joan - It's a while since Moonraker - but I'm glad to see James got the Aston there.

Chana - The drunken lonely wives book club indeed. I wonder what they drink on the moon.
Semaphoric - I don't know what it is , but it has big feet !

Graham - nice render. Now if he can only get that barbeque out of the hold and get it lit.....

Jane - You're granddaughter strikes again! I see the hidden message about the Young Empire of Extra Terrestrials

Ged - Sort of Blazing Saddles meets Star Wars.
Derek - Clever use of the moonscape!  I'm not sure about the man in the earth though

Great entries all and there is still plenty of time for anyone else to have a go.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

On your second image - I'll keep away from teh moon - too much building work going on.

The building was there from the start; but there had to be a lorry, sorry, truck with hay (those (kinds of) settlers tend to leave more than a wee bit behind but I restrained myself), so it was rushed in, together with the short poem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They drink lots of wine in the moon...they are so drunk they do not even know they were on the moon.

The Graphics is taken from a web series that my daughter wrote and acted in. I did the graphics....

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moon Colony in Revolt.

With apologies to Robert A. Heinlein and Mike, AI computer who devised the strategy in "The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress".

Week076_II.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Hola Rista, is there 2 Sun ? Your shadow don't fit with the Earth !!

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pierrec86934804  wrote

Hi

Hola Rista, is there 2 Sun ? Your shadow don't fit with the Earth !!

Pierre

Mmmm, I should have studied astrophysics!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Lol, just flip the Earth

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pierre,

just flip the Earth

That would yet (or should I say yeet) again unEarth the surprise in post #20, one of two surprises by I (I being she that spake then, not I in the sense of the present speaker).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok so yea or yippee... YEET just has not made it down under yet guys

p.s, davescm​ I don't think a line sags that much on the moon mate... 1/4 of Earth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Graham,

You are forgetting about the lead lined underwear for radiation protection...

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ussnorway  wrote

p.s, davescm  I don't think a line sags that much on the moon mate... 1/4 of Earth

Graham, I‘m pretty sure most women will know to tie those lines with a taut-line hitch — when it sags, it is super easy to tighten. It‘s the only hitch to use for lines under tension, and is especially good for Dave’s lead-lined underwear.

Taut-Line Hitch, How to Tie - YouTube

~Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the 12-year-old:

That is not how you yeet, you just say “yeet” at the right time.

I.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Great discussions and digressions this week. I've only just come out the bumker bunker after seeing Rista's image hurling moonrocks at the earth

I'll get a new challenge posted tomorrow.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bumker sounds painful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Haha Derek - I must learn to type!

Jane , Pizza delivered to the moon. Put me down for one when they start the tourist trips.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's still the weekend, right?

SFTW76Moon JE.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines