• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 78 - The gate.

Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Some great entries for last week's transistor challenge. Those with an electronic background will know that with two transistors you can make a gate. Which gives me the worst segue ever to this week's challenge - a gate. I snapped this on a short walk from home yesterday, what will you now add to bring the scene to life?

Anything goes as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.

Anyone and everyone is welcome to have a go - whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.

There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

When posting back your edited images please use jpeg and downsize to 1200px on the long side.

To download the image below in jpeg format with ICC color profile (sRGB) and without the forum scaling artefacts , right click and then use Save Image As /Save Target As (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW78Gate.jpg

Have fun

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2019 Jun 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next came the rain......

SFTW78Rain.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

Next came the rain......

and filled the dolphin fold?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2019 Jun 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

78-Current-View.jpg

Adobe Fuse, Dimension & Photoshop... cowboy outfit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I put the link to the cowboy outfit in the post mate... I do make custom Fuse characters and outfits but that one was made by Steve and he lives in the UK so I assume its a English cowboy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Promise I came up with this idea before Trevor's post

SFTW78GateSJ.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm  wrote

I snapped this on a short walk from home yesterday . . .

Dave, it appears that either you or the riverboat made a gigantic wrong turn on yesterday's walk!

SFTW78Gate Riverboat JE 1200a.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the spirit of Wimbledon and the GOAT (Greatest of All Time)

SFTW78GateFed.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to mimic Trevor and show the detail of my Mississippi River Boat. It's Red, White, and Blue and flying the American Flag in honor of the birthday of my country on Thursday.

SFTW78 Mississippi Riverboat.jpg

And here she is, just a little further upriver. I recolored her and added the flag, but the name was already there!

https://stock.adobe.com/images/hand-drawing-of-a-classic-steam-paddle-riverboat/127993644

SFTW78 Mississippi Riverboat 2.jpg

I'm pretty sure the Mississippi River is a bit of a far walk for Dave's morning stroll, which is why I think one of them took a very wrong turn.

Happy Fourth of July to those who celebrate!

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does the name Lady Jane have a story behind it or its just a name they picked out of a list?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe the artist is a Stones fan?

Rolling Stones - Lady Jane(1966) - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jane-e  wrote

When they were little, did the Rolling Stones call themselves The Rolling Pebbles?  Now they are old — and by heck they are old — should they call themselves the Rolling Boulders?

Does Mick Jagger need to go on a diet?  As in a diet which involves eating actual food?

I hear they were going to use a wind machine for special effects in their recent concert tour, but when they tried it out, all of the band members were blown clear off the stage. 

Do they dye their hair.................?  Or does someone else dye it for them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jane-e   wrote

Trevor.Dennis  wrote

When they were little, did the Rolling Stones call themselves The Rolling Pebbles?  Now they are old — and by heck they are old — should they call themselves the Rolling Boulders?

Mick will be 76 in a few weeks, so he was only 23 in that 1966 clip, so very young. He’s not as old as Sir Paul, btw, who just turned 77.

But reading though your list of brilliant ideas, Trevor, I keep wondering what kind of artwork you have to back them up with? At least one of them?

Cheers,

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Trevor great use of last weeks transistor for your war of the worlds scene.

Dean - I'm not sure whether the next frame would be the horse and rider over the gate or just the rider !

Jacob - I'd a feeling I was being watched. The gatekeeper appears to be sitting on teh fence (or at least the gate)!
Jane - Yes that boat is a long way off course

Great images this week. The new challenge will be up tomorrow.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

I'd a feeling I was being watched. The gatekeeper appears to be sitting on teh fence (or at least the gate)!

I just realized that I believe I have grasped how we have interpreted the stern gatekeeper in different ways.

To me it is the tall one to the left, allowing the other one to literally go through the gate as elaborated upon in 79, the same stern one all alone in post #29.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ahhh I see. I'd missed that !

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines