Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend — Part 83 — Streets of Warsaw

Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This is an early morning street scene taken in Warsaw, Poland. In “Song of the Open Road,” from Leaves of Grass, Walt Whitman writes:

“You road I travel and look around! I believe you are not all that is here!

I believe that something unseen is also here.”

The challenge for this week is to start with this photo and show us what is unseen that is also here.

You can make it as simple or as complex as you like and you can choose to composite it from photographs, illustrate it, model it in 3D, or animate it. It’s entirely up to you.

Anything goes as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright, etc.

Anyone and everyone is welcome to have a go — whether you are a complete beginner or an expert or somewhere in between.

There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humor and fun. Don’t be shy — join in and have a go!

When posting back your edited images please use jpeg and downsize to 1200 px on the long side.

To download the starter image below in jpeg format with ICC color profile (sRGB) and without the forum scaling artifacts, right click and then use Save Image As /Save Target As (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW83StreetsOfWarsaw.JPG

Have fun!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2019 Aug 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob, you missed a trick there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kphotopage — It’s best not to mention it.

Dean — I’m counting four bonus points for you for including two of Dave’s photos as well as two of his Blender renders.

Jacob — It’s a clever elephant who can paint a with his tusks.

Nancy — Now we know why the streets just emptied of people — same as every time the birds suddenly disappear from our trees there is always a hawk that lands.

Trevor — The elephant is so much happier now that he has been provided with a brush and paint palette.

Our SFTW weekend continues through Thursday, so keep them coming!

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jane-e  wrote

Dean — I’m counting four bonus points for you for including two of Dave’s photos as well as two of his Blender renders.

Well spotted. I did try add more

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Dean+Utian  wrote

jane-e   wrote

Well spotted. I did try add more

Dean, that would be a fun challenge — to see how many you can use! BTW, I've also used that white car twice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane,

a fun challenge — to see how many you can use!

42 was the ninth week since you lured me into the SFTW; in post #49 I included all the previous ones (including the PS banner challenge taking place elsewhere), so at that time I made the most of it (David made a comment in post #50). I am afraid the nuisance of my recurring snippets use began there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob — I found your post from SFTW42, #49 and Dave's response in #50. I couldn't figure out why I had not seen posts 45–50 in that thread until I pulled out my calendar for that week and then it made absolute sense.

Re: Something for the weekend - Part42 - Below Decks.

Yes, you have the record, at least for now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane,

I believe it really depends on the starter image how many can (reasonably) be incorporated, the simpler the more. Those densely packed with many details such as SFTW42 and SFTW83 (this one) are inherently more difficult than many others, but others may present other issues if a certain meaningfulness/relevance is required.

But undoubtedly, very high numbers will be reached, regardless of whether there will be a thread with a challenge declared, now that you have let the cat out.

And spotting them will undoubtedly form a corresponding challenge, like the letterspotting in SFTW40.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just realised I added 5 things from past challenges. Can you spot them all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dean,

The door (38), the car (54), the rails (69), the cooling towers (72), the transistor (77).

I have wondered whether you have wrecked (the bottom of) the car on the rail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Jacob+Bugge  wrote

The door (38), the car (54), the rails (69), the cooling towers (72), the transistor (77).

I have wondered whether you have wrecked (the bottom of) the car on the rail.

Well done, you win the prize.

Yes, the car will need to go in for repair.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor, Jane,

You know that an elephant can use the finger(s, plural for African) to hold and use a paintbrush? And finger painting is also an option, though it may give even more splotches on the trunk.

However, there is an issue:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ClimateChange,jpg.jpg

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's late in the week but here is one more

SFTW83StreetsOfWarsaw3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dean, great job.  Jacob's wobbly buildings put me in mind of Inception as well, but you've pulled it off perfectly.  However, I now feel the need to see the car drive up the side of the buildings on the left, and exit the image fully upside down.  Did James bond ever do anything like that?  In a tunnel perhaps?

Inception Ending

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor.Dennis  wrote

Dean, great job.  Jacob's wobbly buildings put me in mind of Inception as well, but you've pulled it off perfectly.  However, I now feel the need to see the car drive up the side of the buildings on the left, and exit the image fully upside down.  Did James bond ever do anything like that?  In a tunnel perhaps?

Thanks Trevor. I was also Inception inspired by Jacob's wobbly building.

It is my second Inception influenced SFTW, last at:
Re: Something for the weekend - Part 61 - An ordinary street...........

To the driving up the side of buildings, look at:
Eskmo 'We Got More' (Official Video) on Vimeo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dean, Trevor, others,

Maybe it is late, but far from too late: we have seen more than once that the weekend lasts until Friday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know I should comment on everything, and I will — when I get home from work! Yes, there’s time for more!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You go to work in the weekend, Jane?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was fifty years ago today that the Beatles crossed Abbey Road.

SFTW83StreetsOfWarsaw JE 1200.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dean and Trevor — more Inception! It's becoming a theme of it's own! The Eskmo video was amazing. Think of what M. C. Escher would have done with today's media!

Jacob — I was trying to decide if your image was dancing The Wave or inspired by Inception, but either way, it made me laugh! And yes, when the weekends run from Friday to Thursday, I do sometimes have to go to work — if you call teaching Adobe InDesign to an awesome class work. It didn't feel like work; we had too much fun!

Dave — thank you for letting me take a turn and post a vacation photo from my bicycling trip last fall, and thanks to all for messing it up!

Cheers,

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane, I must confess I am at a loss concerning The Wave, and I have only come across Inception here in SFTW.

But you are right in that I meant it to be a warming up to a dance, performed by dancers a bit morning stiff, or just a bit stiff, thrilled about the day to come.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Jacob+Bugge  wrote

I must confess I am at a loss concerning The Wave

The Stadium Wave started at football games back in the 70s:

Rutgers Stadium Wave - YouTube

and later became a "dance":

How To Do A Wave Dance Move - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Stadium Wave started at football games back in the 70s

and later became a "dance"

Thank you for sharing, Jane. I had seen the former kind, but the latter was new to me.

Comparing with dances, I am afraid I find it much closer to (the movements (and halts) of) the Yeet (dance); I apologize for persevering, however see the post #:

Re: Something for the weekend - Part 76 - Fly me to the moon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Slight modification.

SFTW83StreetsOfWarsawAR2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines