• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 90 - Shop till you drop!

Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

There were some great entries for last weekend’s jail challenge.

This week, I bring you a shopping trolley (cart in the US ?).  It’s a simple scene modelled in Blender 3D and textured using Adobe Substance.

So for this weekend's challenge, what will you put in it, who will you put around it, what story will you tell with your edited image?

The “rules”:

• Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.
  • Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.
  • There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

To download the image below in jpeg format at 3000 x 2000 pixels and with an embedded ICC colour profile (sRGB), hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right. Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser)

Whilst an object like this makes for great practice masking with the pen tool, I set these challenges for all abilities. So, for this weekend, I have also attached a png file with just the front of the trolley visible and the rest transparent. Just download the same way as the main image then use “Place Embedded” to put it above the main image and it will save you having to mask the front of the wire basket.

SFTW90Shopping.jpg

SFTW90ShoppingFront.png

When posting back your image – please use the Blue reply button in this first post. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Three wee bits later

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume the sales pitch was "everything must go"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, Graham; but how to get it of the trolley?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bet it cost the earth.....

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because it's common knowledge that "Guiness is a Meal in a Glass". :beer_mug:

Dave, this is another excellent render and I love it! Unfortunately, though, someone saw your well-crafted litter and thought it was okay to add more. 😊

Jane

SFTW90Shopping JE 1200.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the Guinness Jane. Those giant cans look like they would hold more than 2 litres each. My kind of shop 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Thanks for the Guinness Jane."

I've shipped it to you, Dave, by way of the United States Postal Service. Twenty-two 2-liter cans was a bit pricy, but Trump is threatening to block coronavirus aid to USPS unless they quadruple their prices and I want to do my patriotic duty to help. Our carrier goes above and beyond and we all adore him and want him and his colleagues to stay safe.

It seems Trump does not like the news coverage he gets in WaPo, and is targeting Amazon specifically, but what I just spent should at least cover the CV aid for my state.

I hope I got the address right, though. To confirm, is it?

DaveSCM

Northern U.K.

Let me know when it arrives!

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane,

As Dave has (almost) already said, it is always a pleasure to get something from our friends over the water (the contents is one of the kinds that usually come from the other friends over the other water).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to beat Trevor to it this week....

SFTW90ShoppingTrump.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spot on, Dave, and very timely! Is he shopping for himself? 😲

I'm trying to remember if that's the same bottle from the BottleSFTW, or did you make a new one?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You caught me out Jane 🙂  It's always quicker to reuse assets.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave I looked at this and thought oh no.  Another big clipping path to make, so thanks for the PNG.  Trump's suggestion that bleach would be a good way to kill the coronavirus took his already astronomical level of stupidity to a who new level.  And then his White House nursemaids desperately try to mitigate his brainless speech claiming it was sarcasm.  Unbelievable! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"claiming it was sarcasm."

Sarcasm is one of several excuses being proffered, Trevor:

• He didn’t say it:
     Leave it to the media to irresponsibly take President Trump out of context and run with negative headlines,”
    — Kayleigh McEnany, Press Secretary

• He was being sarcastic:
    “I was asking a question sarcastically to reporters like you just to see what would happen. I was asking a sarcastic and a very sarcastic question to the reporters in the room about disinfectant on the inside.
    — Donald J. Trump

• He was digesting new information:
    “When he gets new information, he likes to talk that through out loud. I think he just saw the information at the time immediately before the press conference, and he was still digesting.”
    — Dr. Deborah Birx, Coronavirus Response Coordinator 

I agree — unbelievable!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kids will always be kids

sftwe90-rendor.jpg

Adobe Fuse, Dimesion, Photoshop and the base model was made by wetciruit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kite surfing with a shopping trolley. That sounds like a new sport for when lockdown is lifted 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, I wish you'd included a PNG of the entire trolly

Supermarket Trolly.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hah - never get between an old lady and the toilet roll shelf!

I like the Ben Hur style blades on the wheels

"Dave, I wish you'd included a PNG of the entire trolley"

There you go:

SFTW90TrolleyOnly.png

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave.  That would have saved me quite a lot of masking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another wonderful render Dave, do you recognise the veg 🙂

SFTW90Shopping.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome back Ged ! Another surreal image. Yes I recognise the veg from SFTW10 - so long ago !

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/something-for-the-weekend-part-10-7-a-day/td-p/9729938?page...

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave, didn't realise that was from 2018, doesn't time fly. Your entry made me laugh, that Trump fella has completely lost the plot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently even the nasty Piers Morgan has fallen out with him.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=12327589

[EDITED]  Wrong link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had already assembled the Week 10 Veggies when I saw Ged's entry.  Sorry about that.  May a say, Great Minds etc.

Week090.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a much neater shopper though Rista , bagging it as you go 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines