• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 90 - Shop till you drop!

Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

There were some great entries for last weekend’s jail challenge.

This week, I bring you a shopping trolley (cart in the US ?).  It’s a simple scene modelled in Blender 3D and textured using Adobe Substance.

So for this weekend's challenge, what will you put in it, who will you put around it, what story will you tell with your edited image?

The “rules”:

• Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.
  • Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.
  • There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

To download the image below in jpeg format at 3000 x 2000 pixels and with an embedded ICC colour profile (sRGB), hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right. Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser)

Whilst an object like this makes for great practice masking with the pen tool, I set these challenges for all abilities. So, for this weekend, I have also attached a png file with just the front of the trolley visible and the rest transparent. Just download the same way as the main image then use “Place Embedded” to put it above the main image and it will save you having to mask the front of the wire basket.

SFTW90Shopping.jpg

SFTW90ShoppingFront.png

When posting back your image – please use the Blue reply button in this first post. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice job Jacob - just wait for the bees

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW90ShoppingAviles.jpg

The magic of Aquaman keeps the water in the cart!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad you explained, I was wondering why that hadn't turned into a large puddle ! 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did we all notice the litter Dave rendered into the scene?  Well it's about time we cleaned it up!

CleanerCleaner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hahaha, Trevor, you beat me by a couple of minutes with the same idea! D.C. has rats that big — I used to work the midnight-to-eight shift and saw them in the basement every night. WaPo says now that the buildings are closed, they have moved into the neighborhoods.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's never work when you get to play with a big machine !

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, this is the second time I've cleaned up the litter you worked so hard to create!

Jane

SFTW90Shopping JE b 1200.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to have to put more litter into a future SFTW and give you more to clean up 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's too much for my little grabber and trashbag, Dave, then I might have to ask Trevor for assistance with his much more efficient broom and street sweeper! 😊

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought the grabber was to hand over your credit card from 2 metres distance 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s a multi-purpose grabber, Dave. I can pick up litter, hand over my credit card, and reach a couple of bottles of the 1959 Chateau David wine off the high shelves. I’m wondering, though, if I might have a liter of your Strong Disinfectant for in between uses? 🙂

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This time next year (if they cancel the US election)

Trumpland.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deserted shops, overgrown paths, and someone stole the trolley !

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The white flower is so pretty! Is it a weed or a wildflower, Trevor? 😊

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor_Dennis_0-1588003579988.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Little Weed and the Flower Pot Men!

The detail in the Weed / Wildflower has to be seen in the closeup, though:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/something-for-the-weekend-part-37-who-is-in-the-attic/td-p/...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I wasn't supposed to do this...

SFTW90Shopping JE c 1200.jpg

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Giant ostrich eggs Jane, or Easter eggs?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I put all my eggs in one basket, Dave, after being told a thousand times never to do that. Actually, they are your eggs so I don't know what kind they are! 😊

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/something-for-the-weekend-part-13-great-eggspectations/td-p...

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first attempt, fun!!

SFTW90Shopping copy.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to "SFTW" McJeannie, we run these every week so I hope we'll see you again. I think I've seen that fellow in your image around here before ! 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a flood watch in my home town today. Yikes! It looks like Dave's carefully drawn trolley and litter have already been washed away.

jane-e_0-1588267929443.png

SFTW90Shopping JE d 1200.jpg

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice one Jane - you only just got that one in before the next SFTW starts !

Thanbks to all that took part this week, I'll post the new challenge tomorrow 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

it took quite a long time and some of my special brain work, that's why I'm only coming now having the courage to present it:

SFTW90Shopping07Hans.jpg

Theme is Silvia Naylor's "Friday Fun! Recipe sharing"

Viele Grüße und bleibt mir gesund!

Hans-Günter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines