• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sony A7 III (ILCE-7M3) is in the list of supportet Cameras, but not in the Menu for lens correction

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, i need help to get my Kamera profile in the Menu "Lens correction". Sony A7 III (ILCE-7M3) is in the list of supportet Cameras, but not in the Menu for lens correction. Camera Raw is the newest version 15.2. What can i do to list my camera in the Menu?

thanx for helping

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

It's a lens profile, not a camera profile. The camera body doesn't really matter (except as a broad category). They just make the lens profile with some base body model.

My a7r5 isn't listed anywhere, but most lenses come up automatically:

lens-profile-1.png

Some don't, and then I need to browse. Just set camera to "all":

lens-profile-2.png

Everything lists correctly once you find the lens:

lens-profile-3.png

Note that there is an embedded lens profile that will aready have been applied if you shoot raw. But with Sony, that profile just corre

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Andrea29157122uqrb It appears to be recognizing your camera - what lens are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin - In this case Tamron 70-180, and this one ist not in the list. Maybe thats the Problem? But Camera Raw knows, whats in use: it shows the attachement in the left side of the window... alle infos are there...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @Andrea29157122uqrb Maybe simply this body-lens combo has not been tested? With the number of lenses and cameras, how many combinations does it make? dozens, hundreds of thousands?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Tamron 70-180 for Sony FE mount is there. See my other post below for how to find it:

lens-profile-5.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a lens profile, not a camera profile. The camera body doesn't really matter (except as a broad category). They just make the lens profile with some base body model.

My a7r5 isn't listed anywhere, but most lenses come up automatically:

lens-profile-1.png

Some don't, and then I need to browse. Just set camera to "all":

lens-profile-2.png

Everything lists correctly once you find the lens:

lens-profile-3.png

Note that there is an embedded lens profile that will aready have been applied if you shoot raw. But with Sony, that profile just corrects CA, not geometry. For some other cameras, the embedded profile also includes geometry. In any case, it is highly recommended that you apply the lens profile in ACR/Lightroom, on the raw data - not in Photoshop on the rendered RGB file.

lens-profile-4.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanx a lot to to all - D Fosse, it works perfectly as you showed me - and of course i only use it in a Raw file 😄

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines