• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spacebar Pan Shortcut Stops Working

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this intermittent issue for years, where for no apparent reason the spacebar pan shortcut stops working. The only fix is to restart my computer. It's incredibly disruptive and frustrating.

I've also had a limited version of this bug that is fixed by repeatedly tapping the spacebar. However, that fix doesn't always work. Does anyone have experience with this, and a better way to get it working than restarting the whole system?

I'm using MacOS by the way.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried another keyboard? Because what you describe makes me wonder if there may be hardware issues, at least concerning the »repeated tapping«. 

Please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for quicker answers"):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Community-Help/Guidelines-Tips-for-the-Adobe-Forums/td-p/4788157

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, could you try running Photoshop when no other program is running?
Some softs are know to "steal" shortcuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the replies.

Sorry for the lack of details, c_pfaffenbichler, but this has spanned many hardware setups, OSs, and Photoshop versions for me.

PECourtejoie, yes, I shut all other programs down one at a time, didn't help. However, I just realized I have some extra preference panes and menu bar software I forgot to quit. Few more things to test there next time it happens.

I've searched this many times, but the thread suggestions on the right showed me a pretty comprehensive discussion I haven't seen before—few things to try in there, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's happened quite a few times lately, and I'm fresh of of ideas. I've disconnected all peripherals, stopped all other programs, tried all the vaguely relevant tricks other people have recommended in similar threads, still the only fix is to log out.

Here's some specs if anyone's got any bright ideas:
Photoshop Version: 21.1.2 20200410.r.136
Mac OS 10.14.6
Macbook Pro 15" 2017
Memory: 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Radeon Pro 560 4 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have nothing helpful to add except that I have the same story and am so tired of googling this question

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines