Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Splitting a selection into multiple equal parts

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I would like to create a selection over an object, in this case a circle and divide the selection vertically into three equal parts so I can fill each of the different selections with a specific colour.

The overall goal is to have the colours of a flag overlaying an image. What would be the best way to achieve this?

My first thought was to create three circle selections and fill them with the individual colours and mask as neccessary but just wondered if there was a more precise method.

Thanks 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.jpgYou can create three selection and save them as alpha channels that you can combine into your circle selection.  If you want  a selection that has three areas need to be separate area otherwise the selections combine into a single.

Here there are three area with pixels not selected within the circle.

clipboard_image_0.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use rulers guides to create three equally spaced sections and fit a circle shape between the left and rightmost. Then place the images how you want. Drag the square selection down the guides (if snap is on) and ctrl+shift+i then hit delete to remove parts of the image outside the vertical section. Once your images are in place, Combine them in layers then ctrl click the circle layer to select the shape and ctrl+shift+i to invert to delete any overhangs from the three vertical images outside the circle.

That's how I'd do it. There's probably a way where you click one button though 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines