• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spot Healing Brush leaving black marks / not working

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Randomly, my spot healing brush has stopped working normally. If I try to use it, it leaves black circular marks on the image (see screenshot). I have looked this up online and have taken the following steps to try and correct it:

• Uninstall and reinstall Photoshop
  • Restart my computer
  • Reset all Photoshop preferences

The problem still occurs. I have used the Spot healing Brush many times in the past and not had this problem before. It's very frustrating as I am trying to restore some old scanned images and can't continue with my work. If anyone can help, I will be very grateful! Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, try to reset your photoshop settings and try to hope it will fix...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid I tried that but it didn't work.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing it's not really leaving the mark and it's your graphics card. After you use the brush, hold down spacebar and move the image to force a redraw - is the black mark still there?

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks 🙂

I tried holding down space bar after drawing and the black mark vanishes. Know why this might be? I have been editing a photo today and the only way I got around making the black mark go away is to keep clicking the 'move tool' and clicking back on 'spot healing'. It was incredibly repetitive and long winded but only way I managed to make it work. 

Thanks for the tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because your graphics card is no longer compatible with PS after the latest update. I'm in the same boat. I know it's annoying and I'm betting you are having more screen draw issues. The space bar is now your best friend. PS is fine in my MacBook Pro I bought last year but not on my 2012 iMac. It worked just fine on my old iMac before the latest update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, how annoying! I didn't realise that would happen. Thank you SO much for mentioning the space bar. I have been editing the photos using that technique today and it's the only way i've been able to do any of the work so thanks, much appreciated 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This actually happens to me only on a duplicate layer. Not the original layer. Which makes me think it's not related to the graphics card. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only use the spot healing brush on a blank layer. It is the graphics card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread made me try to check on "Use Graphics Processor" in preferences and that seems to have fixed it! (I'm on an M1 MacBook)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for this tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines