• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spot Healing Brush not working in Photoshop 2021 on macOS 10.15.7

Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spot Healing Brush is non-responsive. I select an area and.........nothing. The area remains selected but no healing. I reset the tool several times. Made all layers where checked. At first, if I selected multiple areas and hit undo the tool would make the changes.......all except for the last selection which would undo. I also found that if I make selection in one area and touch anywhere in the layers panel it would deselect the panel I was working on AND make the edit! If I wanted continue editing I would have to reselecting the layer.

Three Screen shot.

1 Before any editing was

2 After edit

3 The result of the edit

I'm on a 27" iMac Late 2013 w/OS 10.15.7

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with the Spot Healing brush in Photoshop. Would you mind sharing the version of Photoshop you're using? Did you start experiencing this issue after an update to Photoshop?

You can try disabling the option to Use Graphics Processor from Photoshop by going to Preferences, then Performance. Once done, quit & relaunch Photoshop to check if that helps. You can also try updating macOS to the latest version (11.4) to check if that makes a difference.

If the issue persists, you can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We updated 22.4.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just checked for updates macOS........11.4??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

11.4 is the current version of Big Sur. You're running the prior operating system Catalina 10.15.7.

Have you considered upgrading to Big Sur?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added a screen shot showing the response I received.........Big Sur/11.4 is nowhere to be found.....then again, I'm not exactly a genius on these things...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As we're getting into unchartered territory. The Graphics Processor appears to be off already........or is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, based on that screenshot, you've already disabled the GPU. Any difference if you enable it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried but it's grayed out and wont let me it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For whatever reason IT'S WORKING NOW...........After all the help I went back in to options and changed it back to photography AND IT'S WORKING. I've always had it set in Photography but when the tool brush stopped working I switched to Essentials with no luck. Every reset, I would try both Essentials & Photography and when I posted that the reset on perforances I didn't check(frustration level was high). So thanks to all who responded and I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Any thoughts as to why this happened.

..........and I'm still curious about iMac OS 11.4 and why it's not being offered to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and I'm still curious about iMac OS 11.4 and why it's not being offered to me.

By @photosbytw

Have you tried Apple logo > About This Mac > Software Update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please look at the screen shot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like your iMac is too old to run Big Sur.

You've got a 27 inch 2013 model. Compatible 27 inch models are 2014 and newer.

https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT211238

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I shouldn't have got excited.......spot healing brush stopped working again.........HELP!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. It started after I updated photoshop. Everything is running different. I can't use the face filter in liquify, spot healing tool is doing the same thing as you described, when I zoom in and out my picture gets pixelated when it used to be smooth zooming in and out. I haven't updated to Big Sur yet either. Maybe that's the issue?

Try searching Big Sur in the app store. That's how I've updated to the newer software in the past. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response.......the only problem I have with upgrading my
iMac (late 2013), and it's a big one, Apple has informed that my unit
doesn't have the capability........

I uninstalled 22.4.2, reinstalled 21.9.2 and now it works fine.

tw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having the same issue ever since I started using the M1 chip in the new Mac.  I paint with the spot healing brush and nothing happens.  Doesn't matter whether the graphics processor is checked or not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem, did you find a solution yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines