Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stack Mode greyed out since updating to CC 2017

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Since updating to CC 2017 Stack mode has been greyed out.

Last known good point: CC 2015.5, had to sign back into account to get it working again when the 2017 update was offered.

Now on 2017 and cannot get it working.

Tried:

Sign out, reboot, sign in

Full reinstall with cleaner run in between, including full registry clean and removing any old folders I could find in profiles and temp.

Switchiong to 8bit from 16bit raw, although 16 bit was working before.

PC - 17-3770k, 16GB RAM, SSD for OS and scratch, GTX 1070 on latest drivers (GPU is new, but feature worked previously using this card and this driver).

Anymore tips?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi It is working in 16 bit and 8 bit here.

Can I just confirm we are using the same steps

A simple document with 2 or more layers

Highlight the layers and convert to a single smart object - at that point stack mode becomes un-grayed and available

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep - except stack mode stays greyed out for me, statistics module is showing disabled in the data as well and I get errors trying to run median via stack script too.

Very strange!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very strange indeed.

You appear to have been through all the usual suspects - Preferences, reinstall after clean, sign out /sign in etc.

The only reference I could see to anything similar is an instance on CC2015 where the software had not registered and was working as a trial. If no-one else comes along with a better solution it may be time to contact Adobe support.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

2 hours with Adobe support repeating everything I tried already to no avail , reinstalled 2015.5 and thats working fine still (the clown even played with 2015 for twenty mins and proclaimed the issue fixed til I pointed out he was in the wrong version).

Just got told they don't have an issue and advised to create a new admin account and reinstall - lets see how that goes!

Less than impressed with Adobe tech though so far!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines