Contributor ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to all

Load image into photoshop

zoom in very very close, so that outer edges of document can't be seen

select brush tool

hold down ALT - it now switches to eyedrooper temporarily while you hold it down

drag cursor outside of document and ontop of any *docked* panel (layers panel, brushes panel, etc - ANY panel you have visible in your workspace - but panel MUST be docked

now as cursor is ontop of docked panel, photoshop document begins to scroll away

how can we stop this scrolling from happening???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Contributor ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi friends

there is no way to stop document from scrolling when eyedropper leaves it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can't replicate the issue on Windows 10 with Photoshop version 21.0.2, what exact version of Photoshop and opertaing system are you using

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

regards, I am using same version as you.

May I re-try again 🙂

-zoom in very close to any document (just enough so that outer edges of document cannot be seen)

-select brush tool

-hold down alt, and also hold down left mouse/pen button, and as you are holding it down, drag the cursor outside of the document and over to a panel that is docked (the layers panel for example, but it must be docked - does not matter if panel is on right or left side of your workspace)

-the document now begins to scroll in opposite direction

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your first post you didn't mention left clicking as well so yes I can reproduce it now 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can replicate that here in V21.0.2

I've raised a bug report here, you may wish to add your own comments:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/v21-0-2-eyedropper-tool-scrolling-document

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you Dave for initiating the bug report. 

Indeed, this behavior has been active for many years now. If is meant to be proper behavior, I do not understand why. Every time we sample color from other document, we always must re-position original document back again, and it is indeed a nuisance. 

If image is zoomed way *out*, and with document edges clearly visible, then problem still happens if "overscroll" is checked ON in preferences, but does not happen if overscroll is checked OFF.

Either way, problem always happens when zoomed in close, regardless of overscroll on or off.

I thank you again for raising bug report. Hopes are that Adobe will stop this behavior on upcoming update 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Googled this issue in June 2020 using version 21.1.3 — this is still a problem. It's impossible to sample a color from outside of the active window because it keeps scrolling forever.

Even more so because Overscroll now MUST be turned on for Rotate Canvas to function properly. Otherwise, when you're zoomed in the canvas jumps around wildly when trying to rotate it. (I found out about the Overscroll setting fix via a different forum post.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines