• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop moving our tools

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the title says it all. Along with actually giving us a fully working product, which you do not do. Stop moving the [xxxxxxx] tools.

[Cursing removed by moderator.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

Go to Edit > Tools. Here you can reset the toolbar or rearrange the tools and then save them in the arrangement you prefer.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the help, thank you. But it doesn't really address the problem does it? Adobe will continue to make changes and not tell anybody what they have done and where the controls, presets, panels, etc. went, or how to fix it. Instead we have to get on the support forums and spend hours hunting down the answers, time we could be actually doing something productive.  For the price of this software don't you think that should be a given? Right?

We wouldn't spend thousands on a car that we have to update every couple months? Would we be excited on a frigid December morning to find out they moved the heater controls in the latest update, and now we have to spend two hours on the GM site to find them. No, it would #@%$ us off.

It's ludacris! Just think of the tens of thousands of hours of productivity Adobe has wasted every month by doing this! And generally, from what I can tell from the last three years, there are no appreciable improvements. Perhaps if they spent less time on half finished updates they would have time to it correctly and fix the broken things? Adobe used to be a good product.

Just a thought. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul

I always look at What’s New tutorials and Help pages when a new version comes out before using the software. Here are a few to get you started.

https://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/2019/11/adobe-announces-updates-and-new-features-for-photoshop.html

https://creativepro.com/photoshop-cc-2020-new-features/

https://youtu.be/b5tVk17x3KE (Terry White)

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, if you are referring to this week's bug fix update (v21.0.2) what specific tool has moved?

If you are referring to the last major version change (between v20 and v21) then again, what moved? My tools and workspace are in the same place, in fact I had to use Edit toolbar to bring in the new Object Selection tool because Adobe , quite rightly , did not overwrite my custom toolbar. 
One major panel that changes is teh 3D properties, as PS makes the change to a PBR metallic workflow. That has indeed thrown up some incompatibilities. It is also the reason that I do keep the old version  (v20) installed and do not update mid project just in case of any such incompatibilities.

If you have some specific issues then you can raise them here https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family
where they will be seen by Adobe developers rather than the Photoshop users that answer questions here.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> Adobe will continue to make changes and not tell anybody what they have done and where the controls, presets, panels, etc. went, or how to fix it. 

Can you provide specific examples of what is bothering you? I find that Adobe documents most tool changes in the release notes for each update. 

Which app and which tool or tools have moved on you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with you paulg....  The drop down Tool Presets' lists are no longer there as default.  You can easily enough restore particular banks of tool presets, but they disappear again when you close PS.  Any customised or ab initio tool brushes you make can be saved to the drop down list, but they disappear  with each closure of PS. You seem only able to save tool presets for good if you make them a brush preset ( and thence ship wreck them in the brush lists). I find the system tiresome and clumsy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines