• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stuck on Hand Tool

Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope someone can help as I have no luck with Apple or Adobe so far. Here goes...

I signed up to Creative Cloud 5 days ago, however I have not been able to create anything so far due to being stuck on the hand tool. Here is a quick summary of facts:

Adobe Creative Cloud programs tried - Photoshop, Indesign and Illustrator

All three programs will run for about 5-10 mins before becoming locked on the hand tool. The only way to get rid of this bug is to reboot my Mac, which is impractical. Adobe did take over my MacBook, uninstalled Creative Cloud, then reinstalled and the problem developed again. They told me it was a Apple fault....

I have spent the last two days talking to apple......

Apple MacBook

I have a MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports) with macOS High Sierra version 10.13.3. Apple have wiped clean and then reloaded my time machine back up twice (in the last two days) I have also had my keyboard cleaned and the space bar is working correctly. Apple cannot find a fault and have told me it is an adobe problem....

Anyone got any ideas, solutions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to chime in, it's April, 4th, 2023 and I have been having this exact same problem for a week or more now. The hand tool gets stuck after a few minutes of trying to work on PSD or ILL. I have a MacStudio and am running Ventura (the latest version). No extension issues, removed all but the most essential three. Restart and force quit about 20 times a day, nothing helps. How is this possible when the info I see on this thread is YEARS old????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this problem for 3 years now straight, no answer. Some it was some other app for them. Obviously not the space bar issue like most. Sometimes closing all browsers and killing the process worked for a wholeday without having to restart and then use for 15m before happening again.

I'm just mind blown Adobe has not even figured a fix for this in 4 entire years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh shoot ... Man. Try this! Saw someone said that they had this enabled in Accessbility and was causing havoc on their keyboard, messing with the spacebar + other keys. They turned it off and it worked for them!

However ... For me I had it disabled. I enabled it doing the opposite and then tapped my spacebar, went to go to other tools like lasso, held spacebar so that it showed lasso, drew a line, switched tools, and now the hand tool is unstuck!

Screenshot 2023-04-26 at 9.06.25 AM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welp, it worked for hours this time, but I was being bold and turned it off thinking for some reason it'd be still good (and it was for another hour) but now its stuck again. Maybe I'll reboot and leave this toggled. 

Back to the drawing board lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2023 Jul 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm dealing with the same issue, where I also keep toggling my keyboard preferences to make the hand tool go away.. Seeing as months passed, have you figured anything out that works permanently? New keyboard?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh shoot ... Man. Try this! Saw someone said that they had this enabled in Accessbility and was causing havoc on their keyboard, messing with the spacebar + other keys. They turned it off and it worked for them!

However ... For me I had it disabled. I enabled it doing the opposite and then tapped my spacebar, went to go to other tools like lasso, held spacebar so that it showed lasso, drew a line, switched tools, and now the hand tool is unstuck!

Screenshot 2023-04-26 at 9.06.25 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We were able to work around this problem on Intel iMac/Ventura/Illustrator 28.0 by using the microphone Keyboard Viewer and activating the Space Bar that way. (Haven't tested this further yet to see if this will return!) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(not microphone just Keyboard Viewer in the Keyboard preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. Of the dozen or so threads I've reviewed this morning trying to work round this issue, this is the only idea that worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines