Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stupid clipboard bug: PS pastes previously copied image

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This drives me nuts.

Photoshop just won't paste the last copied image (from internets). It always pastes the previous one. So if I copy image #1, then image #2, then press ctrl-v in Photoshop, it pastes image #1.

Attached is a video (with cats!), illustrating the problem.

Looks like this is a very old bug, there are posts from 1,2,3 years ago with the same problem here and on reddit.

It bugged me in the old version, it still bugs me in the new one. Problem occurs ONLY in photoshop. I also didn't have this problem before around 2020 version.

Does anyone have a solution?

Copying twice doesn't help. Workarounds like paste it into some other program and then copy it again to paste into Photoshop are killing me.

Important note: I'm on Windows, apparantly it doesn't happen on Mac.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you paste into a different app, what happens? Do you get the image you just copied? I have not seen this on either Mac or Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens only in PS. If I paste into other app, it works fine — that's the workaround I have to use (paste into other app, copy again from there)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I see this once in a while. Not so often that it's a problem; just every once in a blue moon. When it happens, I just undo, paste again and forget all about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2024 Jan 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this is an old post but I have recently started seeing this problem. As the original post discussed - WIN 10 - I am using WIN 11. The original post-er indicated the he thought this was a photoshop problem. This is in essence a PS problem, but it isnt PS causing the issue. PS just happens to be the victim of it and it and windows picks PS to be its path. It didn’t make sense to me how this occurred/started. Working fine, then all of the sudden NOT WORKING fine. This issue, while it picks PS to be its outlet, it is definitely a windows problem. I do not know the tech details behind it, but it is windows and or the snipping tool app in windows. After trying everything I uninstalled the snipping tool, then reinstalled. It now is working. If it occurs again its something Microsoft + Adobe will have to find a sollution to repair. dw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines