• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

subscription?

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I am completely new to PS. When I open up photoshop I have a display Photoshop, Acrobat DC, Lightroom, and Camera RAW. The initial three give me the option to open but Camera RAW does not. Is this a subscription issues or can I do something to open this too? There's a screen grab below.

Cheers guys,

Allan 

ADC26278599nh1w_0-1664086405622.png

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

ACR is an integrated component in PS and LR. There will only be a button for it when updates are available that you may wish to install.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Adding to the reply from @Mylenium â€“ The Camera Raw plug-in is opened/invoked by opening a raw camera format file (or supported and configured JPG, TIFF or HEIC) from say Photoshop or Bridge apps. It is an "intermediate" plug-in, not one that is directly run by itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ACR is an integrated component in PS and LR. There will only be a button for it when updates are available that you may wish to install.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding to the reply from @Mylenium â€“ The Camera Raw plug-in is opened/invoked by opening a raw camera format file (or supported and configured JPG, TIFF or HEIC) from say Photoshop or Bridge apps. It is an "intermediate" plug-in, not one that is directly run by itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to the other replies, note you can open any image for processing in Camera Raw from an opened image in Photoshop: Filter > Camera Raw Filter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Derek Cross â€“ This is true, however, as you clearly wrote – it is known as the Camera Raw Filter, which only works on rendered image data already open in Photoshop. The Camera Raw Plug-in handles raw camera file data, which has to be rendered into data that Photoshop can directly work on before it is accessible to Photoshop. This is a major point of difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I paid for subscription I have a problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be helpful if you elucidated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I paid in full and it's not working on my new device

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried resetting the Photoshop preferences back to the factory defaults?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines