Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Suddenly I now have a Slow Printer Interface

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The last couple of days when I go to print any file from Photoshop by clicking on the File - Print from the menu it takes forever for the interface to pop up.  then once it finally opens up when I go to select the number of copies to print it also takes a very long time (up to a minute).  When I use the printer on different applications or pages it prints just fine and very quick.  Again, I've not changed anything nor did i do any updates that I know of.  

I've already uninstalled Photoshop as well as my printer but nothing seems to work. - It has been working fine for several months and again it just started happening the last 2-3 days.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Patrick

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your print dialog box/preferences. Hold the space bar when going to File>Print.

Reinstalling does not reset prefs unless you specify that option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, is it a PC, or a Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply,
PC with Windows 11 and Updated Creative Cloud Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2024 Mar 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone help me with this please? I am on the latest version of PS running on windows 11. Within the last week, when I want to print off a photo, click on file/print, it is taking up to 3 minutes for the dialog box to open, then, anything I click on within the dialog box it takes the same amount of time to respond. Printing from all other programs/apps the dialog box opens immediately, so I am assuming that PS is the problem. I also have PS Beta, and PS Essentials, same problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Dell XPS 8940

Nvidia Geforce 3060i

32mb Ram

Intel 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700K @ 3.60GHz 3.50 GHz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your printer settings in Photoshop. Hold the space bar when going to print.

You listed your specs but not the printer make/model or version Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Kevin, you're the first! I have tried the spacebar and it makes no difference. Photoshop version is 25.6.0 (latest) and printer: HP Envy Inspire 7200e.  Just for further info. I also have PS Elements, and I have just uninstalled PS Beta, but in all 3 programs the problem is the same, and as I can print immediately from all of my other apps, I assume it has to be a PS problem. Thank you again. John.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merging with another thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope you get an answer, I have had the same problem over a week now, nothing I have tried fixes it. I also have PS 25.6.0, PS Elements, and the PS Beta with the same problem. All other progarms print fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the above tips don't help 

Perhaps try a thorough reset of Photoshop preferences?

(read this entire post before acting please)

Resetting restores Photoshop's internal preferences, which are saved when Photoshop closes.

If they become corrupt then various issues can occur.

Here’s some info on how to do that:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Manually removing preferences files is the most complete method for restoring Photoshop to its default state: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually

Manually removing preferences files is the most complete method for restoring Photoshop to its default state. This method ensures all preferences and any user presets which may be causing a problem are not loaded.

1. Quit Photoshop.

2. Navigate to Photoshop's Preferences folder.
    macOS: Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings
    Windows: Users/[user name]/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop [version]/Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings

Note: The user Library folder is hidden by default on macOS. To access files in the hidden user Library folder, see How to access hidden user library files.
  3. Drag the entire Adobe Photoshop [Version] Settings folder to the desktop or somewhere safe for a back-up of your settings

4. Open Photoshop.

New preferences files will be created in their original location.

Note re macOS: The user Library folder is hidden by default.

To access files in the hidden user Library folder, see here for how to access hidden user library files.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Unexpected behaviour may indicate damaged preferences. Restoring preferences to their default settings is a good idea when trying to troubleshoot unexpected behaviours in Photoshop. check out the video

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#reset_preferences

Learn how to access and modify Photoshop preferences and customise per your frequent workflows

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

And here’s an earlier forum discussion as an aid to understanding

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/quick-tips-how-to-reset-photoshop-pre...

You may want to backup your settings and custom presets, brushes & actions before restoring Photoshop's preferences.

Here is general info about that:  https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#BackupPhotoshoppreferences

Before you reset your preferences

in case of future issues, I suggest you make a copy as Adobe may need one to check problematic references. 

Quit Photoshop.
Go to Photoshop's Preferences folder

Preferences file locations: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/preference-file-names-locations-photoshop.html\

[on MacOS see: Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings

Note for those on macOS: - be aware that the user Library folder is hidden by default on macOS.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

In the Finder, open the “Go” menu whilst holding down the Option (Alt) key.

Library will now appear in the list - below the current user's “home” directory. ]

Now you can drag the entire Adobe Photoshop [Version] Settings folder to the desktop or somewhere safe as a back-up of your settings.

Note for those on macOS:

Preference preservation is affected by macOS permissions,

you’ll need to allow Photoshop ‘Full Disk Access’ in your Mac OS Preferences/Security and Privacy

If that doesn't fix the issue:

Go to Preferences > Performance... and uncheck Multithreaded Compositing - and restart Photoshop.

Still hanging? 

Go to Preferences > Performance... click Advanced Settings... and uncheck "GPU Compositing" - then restart Photoshop. 

Do you still have problems?

It may even be time to reinstall Photoshop.

It’s recommended that you use the Adobe CC cleaner tool to remove all traces first.

(See above about preserving preferences though! It’s worth preserving them unless they are corrupted.)

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Uninstall Photoshop BUT make sure to choose the option “Yes, remove app preference”.

Once that process finishes, start the installation process and look into the “Advanced Options”. Uncheck “Import previous settings and preferences” and choose to “Remove old versions”.

I hope this helps

neil barstow, colourmanagement net  - adobe forum volunteer - co-author: 'getting colour right'

google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Help others by clicking "Correct Answer" if the question is answered.

Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

Thanks for the reply.. I went through all of the steps including installing and using the adobe cc cleaner and still no luck.  Its weird because all other programs run fast and print fast.  When I go to "File" - "print"  that process takes anywhere from 30 sec to over a min before the first print dialog box appears.  Then If i need to select a different number to print that takes forever too even when I try to type in the number I want to print.  I've also uninstalled my printer as well and re installed it still with no luck.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2024 Apr 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still have same problem here, like you, tried the suggestions to no avail. What we need is an answer from Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Wickedpetes @jonnyguitar88 I'm sorry a reset or reinstall didn’t help. How about removing, downloading and reinsalling the printer driver? 

If this were truly a Photoshop issue there would likely be hundreds of posts here lamenting the situation. 

I do feel for you and hope you get it working right

Might this help (from DigitalDog)

maybe do the Epson Enema and install the print drivers (from Epson) again: 

1. Delete all instances of Epson printers from System Preferences (System Settings in Ventura)>Print & Fax.

2. Then go to /Library/Printers and toss the whole Epson folder.

3. Toss LFP Remote Panel (IF you are using this utility for your printer).

4. Then reinstall drivers from Epson and never Apple.

NOTE: IF you have more than one Epson printer, you need to install the driver in the order of their release! Older then newer or you run into issues (eg, install 4800 before you’d install 3880).

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net - adobe forum volunteer - co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management
Help others by clicking "Correct Answer" if the question is answered.
Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No luck with any of it.. I've done a deep clean/removal of both the HP printer software as well as the adobe CC software and nothing works.  total disapointment.  Now it seems as though I can now just print 1 thing at a time becasue now I keep getting an error printing on the top of the 2nd page.  I've used adobe products for over 30 years and have never experienced anything like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines