• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Super Newbie Idiot needs and L shape

Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haean'tbeen on PS for a while and was never really that good at it. I am having to go back in it to get a concept drawing to show someone. I need an L shape to male a sidewalk. I looked at shapes and don't see anything in ploygons. I just want to draw the "L" and and be able to resize it horizontally and vertically. Then I want to be able to put shapes on the layer. Can you help a newbie/oldbie?

Here is what I trie to draw that took an hour.1 final sidewalk.jpg

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Use the Pen Tool to create a Shape.

Set your Fill and Stroke values as needed.

Use Shift+Click to make several points in an L shape.  The Shift key will help keep the lines straight.

Additionally, you may want to add some Guidelines from the View menu, or drag them from your Rulers.

image.png

Once your shape is created, you can save it a custom shape.  See below for more details on that.

https://www.photoshopessentials.com/basics/custom-shapes/

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Pen Tool to create a Shape.

Set your Fill and Stroke values as needed.

Use Shift+Click to make several points in an L shape.  The Shift key will help keep the lines straight.

Additionally, you may want to add some Guidelines from the View menu, or drag them from your Rulers.

image.png

Once your shape is created, you can save it a custom shape.  See below for more details on that.

https://www.photoshopessentials.com/basics/custom-shapes/

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If a shape such as an L can be created using the shape tools, another way is to simply use the Combine Shapes option to handle multiple rectangle paths as a single shape layer, then just draw two overlapping rectangles. As long as Combine Shapes is selected, each path actually remains independent and can continue to be edited separately, even as Photoshop treats them as one combined shape layer when you apply a fill, stroke, or effect.

Photoshop combine shapes L.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines