• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

System Requirements [Unable to install CC 2018 on OS X Yosemite]

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought the student package of Adobe products and am trying to specifically download Photoshop, but it's saying This computer does not meet the minimum system requirements for Photoshop CC. Please refer to the system requirements in the Help documentation for a full list of hardware and software requirements for Photoshop CC." I have a MacBook Pro OS X Yosemite, and I've had Photoshop before, so it's definitely been downloaded before.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Hi

The minimum system requirements were increased with the last release. See here:

Photoshop system requirements

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The minimum system requirements were increased with the last release. See here:

Photoshop system requirements

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you!! so do you probably think I just need more storage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We don't know your specs beyond the operating system, but you will also need to upgrade that as Yosemite isn't supported.

I have a MacBook Pro OS X Yosemite

• Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support
  • macOS version 10.13 (High Sierra), macOS version 10.12 (Sierra), or Mac OS X version 10.11 (El Capitan)
  • 2 GB or more of RAM (8 GB recommended)
  • 4 GB or more of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system)
  • 1024 x 768 display (1280x800 recommended) with 16-bit color and 512 MB or more of dedicated VRAM; 2 GB is recommended*
  • OpenGL 2.0-capable system
  • Internet connection and registration are necessary for required software activation, membership validation, and access to online services.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why is Yosemite not supported now? So I can't get any of the products I just bought on my computer because I have Yosemite?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because Apple keeps upgrading their operating system and Adobe has to keep updating the software to keep up. They still support the last three versions, you happen to be four versions back. You can still install CC 2017, though, it you don't want to upgrade your OS (which is typically a free upgrade through Apple).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

„a free upgrade through Apple” — no, it's not always free, sometimes you need to buy a new Mac in order to upgrade macOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look here and see if your mac can be upgraded to either El Capitain or High Sierra if you want to use the newest photoshop cc 2018.

macOS - How to Upgrade - Apple

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd vote for El Capitan 10.11.6 or Sierra 10.12.6 if you can do it. High Sierra is up to 10.13.1 and I'm wary about moving over until at least .3

Just cautious that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the upvote Barb.   I have 10.13 running on a backup MBP. I would not do this on my primary MBP.

Noel Carboni (Windows tester) had the best advice:

Conscientious folks who need critical things to keep working don't just change out a working OS and complain to application makers that their having done so breaks their applications.  They test, they research.  THEN they migrate when it's safe to do so.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2018 Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<Expletives removed>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines