Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Operating system: Windows 7 64x

Program Used : Adobe Photoshop CS6, CS5

Malfunctioning Equipment:
- Wacom Cintiq 13 hd and/or Pen

The problem itself:

My tablet seems to skip strokes when I do light strokes. If I would for example draw a circle by quickly and lightly making a circular gesture, nothing or just a part of the circle would be drawn.

Note that the problem does not occur when I do hard strokes where I put medium pressure on my pen. Also, the problem seems to randomly occur; sometimes the circle would be drawn sometimes not, sometimes partially. Here's an example:

Capture.PNG

For this same reason if I lightly click on an program's icon on my desktop, sometimes nothing happens, sometimes the program would open normally.

I've gone into the Tablet Diagnostic thingy, in Tablet Proprieties and have noticed that it says that 0% pressure is applied and that ''All Switches are open'' when I'm clearly putting pressure as I would normally do to click on something or draw. Here's what im talking about : Capture 2.PNG

I've done some researching on the web but the only thread I've found that is identical to my problem is this one :

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php/320807-Wacom-skipping-brushstrokes-and-losing-sensit...

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Things I did before that problem started occuring that may or may not have caused the problem:
- Cleaned my Pen and my Tablet with a screen cleaning spray (I doubt this wouldve dammaged the Pen or Tablet as the susbtance evaporates extremely fast for it is made to clean screens and such).
- Tweaked some mouse sensitivity stuff, on Windows (Put it back to normal, didn't fix the problem).

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Things I have tried:

- Resetting my computer.

- Removing my Tablet's drivers and reinstalling them. (By uninstalling ''wacom tablet'' with the windows uninstalling feature).

- Unticked ''Use Windows Ink'' in the tablet proprieties, and turned ''Double clicking'' off.

- Completely disabled all Windows related Pen and Tablet stuff (Flicks, double clicks etc.)

I tried changing program (tried on Mischief ) and testing it, but it didn't fix it.

Please help me, I don't know what to do anymore...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried adjusting the pressure sensitivity in the tablet properties?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have, didn't change anything the problem is still there just on another level of sensitivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't there any solution... ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still haven't found any kind of solution to my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started having this problem recently with my cintiq, but it seemed to coincide with a Windows 10 update. I rolled back the update but am still having the issue after going through all the steps you originally tried as well.

I set the "tip feel" to a notch softer, and the "tip double click distance" a notch towards "off" and that seemed to help a little, but the pen is still dropping out randomly in between and during strokes. I was starting to wonder if it's the pen itself that's starting to break so I grabbed my other pen (for cintiq companion) and it seemed to immediately fix the problem. Tested the two pens on the same canvas in paint tool sai.

Not going to lie, I have dropped my pen quite a few times, I always wondered if the little mechanics in the pen would be damaged, and it finally seems like that is the case. It would be an expensive thing to test, but if you're still having the issue and suspect the pen has been dropped or banged around enough, it may be time to dish out for a new one...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh I just got this problem too and it's really annoying! I hope someone can reply to this thread in hopes of an answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i had this problem and for me, it was solved when i put the pen pressure to SUPER SENSITIVE. basically when i was pressing lightly, the pen tablet registered i was drawing but the sensitivity level was such that it did not output a line: it read the stroke as too weak to draw. idk if that makes sense but thats what worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had this issue and when I tried a new pen it worked perfectly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently started getting this issue on my ~8 year old Cintiq 22 hd (and pen). Fortunatly I have another wacom tablet with its own pen and when I tried using it on my Cintiq 22, it worked without issue. I also tried my Cintiq 22's pen on my other tablet and my strokes started to skip. Confirming that it was a problem with my pen and not the device. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread helped a lot! Had the same problem and it was driving me insane. It was near imposible to find info about this problem. I'm glad it's a simple fix like getting another pen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having a similar issue, but on Mac. iMac + Cintiq Pro 24 + Photoshop CC = awful small strokes. Whenever I make an extremely minute stroke, the darn thing doesn't regisster it until after I take the pen off the tablet completely. Idk why this lag is occuring, but any sort of help would be much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines