• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Template for YouTube Banner?

Contributor ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Struggling to create a YouTube banner that looks properly formatted on all devices. The website recommends 2048 x 1152, but doesn't account for the safe area, so when I upload an image in this format I have to choose some piece of the middle section. Obviously lame when text and other parts of the image are outside of it.

Anyone know how I should set the guides in PS so I can focus the important content in the middle of the image properly?

Thanks.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @keithm1972 I know banners display differently across devices, so it's important to get everything in place correctly. Less is more, for sure. I have made a few and you need to get the main text in the center. There is a recommended safe area for text and logos. Did you try some searches for sites that have instructions and templates like Design Hub? See the attached file. Or the YouTube page for branding? I'm sure others here will have some more suggestions. Hope that's helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so I create a Photoshop project that is 2048 x 1152.

Then I want to create a safe area that is 1546 x 423, but I'm not sure how to do that. Any advice?

Thanks. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, several ways to do it and here's one. Make a rectangle shape (without fill or stroke) sized to 1546 x 423 and center it on the canvas. Use ruler guides to mark all four sides. Then delete or turn off the rectangle layer and make sure your artwork (text/logo) falls within the guides. Make sense?

JainLemos_0-1661897387546.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try it, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2023 Jul 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Creating a YouTube banner that looks properly formatted on all devices can be challenging, but with the right template and guidelines, you can achieve a professional and visually appealing design. Here's a template and guide on how to set up your YouTube banner in Photoshop (PS) to focus the important content in the middle:

Open Photoshop and create a new document with the recommended dimensions of 2048 pixels (width) by 1152 pixels (height).

To account for the safe area where your content will be visible on different devices, set up guides to indicate the safe area boundaries. The safe area is the central portion of the banner that will be displayed on all devices without being cut off. Here's how you can set up the guides:

a. Go to the "View" menu at the top of Photoshop.

b. Select "New Guide" and choose "Vertical" from the dropdown menu.

c. Enter 512 pixels as the position for the first guide. This represents the left boundary of the safe area.

d. Repeat the previous step to create a second vertical guide at the position of 1536 pixels, representing the right boundary of the safe area.

e. Similarly, create horizontal guides at 288 pixels (top boundary) and 864 pixels (bottom boundary).

Note: The safe area is calculated by subtracting 256 pixels from the width and 144 pixels from the height of the banner. This ensures that your content remains visible on all devices.

With the guides in place, you can now focus your important content within the safe area. Keep in mind that text and other crucial elements should be placed within this central portion to avoid being cut off or obscured.

Design your YouTube banner by adding images, text, logos, and any other graphical elements you desire. Be creative and make sure your design reflects your channel's branding and style.

Once you're satisfied with your banner design, save the file in an appropriate format, such as JPEG or PNG, ensuring it meets the maximum file size requirements for YouTube.

By following these steps, you'll have a YouTube banner template that is properly formatted and optimized for various devices. Remember to preview your banner on different devices and adjust the positioning of your content accordingly if necessary. Good luck with your YouTube channel!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines