• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text of Different Sizes Centering Differently

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm trying to center two texts boxes of the word "ORION" in different colors. However, the smaller text box isn't centered in the big text box. tf.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Not really a problem with your font, it's just that the 'I' is not in the exact geometric center of the bounding box of the word ORION. This is due to the varying widths of the letters and the kerning between them. Just nudge one of the words with the arrow keys.

Or you could try tweaking the various kerning pairs in the Character panel, if exact symmetry is absolutely necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I think you are looking for this ?

Select the both layers and align center.

Screenshot_1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I should have been more specific. The image is the result after centering both with that button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then can you please more explain your query ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I center the two text boxes (same font, different size), the letter 'I' is not centered in the larger letter 'I.' Is this a problem with my font? I am using Noyh Geometric Heavy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not really a problem with your font, it's just that the 'I' is not in the exact geometric center of the bounding box of the word ORION. This is due to the varying widths of the letters and the kerning between them. Just nudge one of the words with the arrow keys.

Or you could try tweaking the various kerning pairs in the Character panel, if exact symmetry is absolutely necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines