• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The brushes I downloaded don't show up in the Import dialog

Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded from CS5 to Photoshop 2020 on my Mac, running Catalina. Downloaded 17 packs of Kyle's brushes from adobe.com. Moved them to Presets > Brushes. Opened Photoshop, opened the Brushes panel. In the flyout menu, clicked Import. In the Import dialog, navigated to Presets > Brushes, but it shows no .abr files-- neither the two "Legacy" files that were already in place, nor the bunch I just moved there.

I tried simply double-clicking on the brush files, but for some reason they open Affinity Publisher instead. I went into the brushes' Finder Info to change their defaults from Publisher to Photoshop, but then when I double-click on them, I get an error message: "cannot be opened because it is from an unidentified developer."

Can't find any help that addresses this particular issue. 

Ken

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Thanks, Jeff. Before trying to copy my .abr files to the Application Support folder you mentioned, I thought it might be a good idea to restart Photoshop. And lo and behold, there are my brushes in the Brushes panel. Duh! Kinda wish one of those "how-to" things I found online had mentioned relaunching. Live and learn, I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me with photoshop 2020 21.0.1 running on catalins 10.15.1, putting the abr files in either /Applications/Adobe Photoshop 2020/Presets/Brushes or /Users/jUser Name/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop 2020/Presets/Brushes puts the brushes at the bottom of the fly-out list in the tool options bar and the Window>Brushes panel.

br.png

br1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jeff. Before trying to copy my .abr files to the Application Support folder you mentioned, I thought it might be a good idea to restart Photoshop. And lo and behold, there are my brushes in the Brushes panel. Duh! Kinda wish one of those "how-to" things I found online had mentioned relaunching. Live and learn, I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jeff. I'm using Windows 10 and PS 2020 and this works for me. Once the preset is selected from the flyout menu of the brushes panel it simply asks whether to 'restore' these even though they maybe newly downloaded and hey presto!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines