• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The S/N is already in use by the maximum of 2 computers.

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently replaced my Desktop and Laptop. I did not know I was supposed to deactivate my Photoshop license and Premiere licenses and wiped them and sold them.

I am unable to deactivate and now that I am trying to install on my new laptop and desktop I keep getting the error:

"The serial number xxx is already in use by the maximum of 2 computers. You need to deactivate another computer within 22 days to use this product."

I have tried to reach support but Adobe has done a good job with blocking access to even chat without a subscription. Is there an email or phone number I can reach out to deactivate older pcs?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version software are you running?

If it's a Creative Cloud version you can remotely deactivate one of the other licenses to open the current.

You dont need a subscription to contact Adobe Support but you do need to sign in so they can assist with your account.

If you don't have a sign in (email and password) you can create one and still contact them without subscribing.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your reply, this is an offline version. Photoshop CS6.

I have an account, you need it to post here.

But the problem is I am unable to remotely reset it seems.

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to your account.adobe.com, under Plans and Payment > Activated Devices, does it show any of your installs? (your CS6 app had to have been registered back when)

For that matter, if you had registered your CS6, it should show up under Plans and Payment > Products. If you hadn't previously registered, you can attempt to do so now on that page, and then check Activated Devices again.

I have a feeling they only manage CC installs these days under Activated Devices, but it's worth trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#1 You don't say which operating system you have on the 2 new machines.  Due to its advanced age, CS6 cannot be installed on Mac Catalina, Big Sur or Monterey.  Likewise, CS6 will never be tested on Windows 11. 

#2 Serial numbered software has a limited number of possible activations.  If you exceeded the activation count by leaving old devices activated, only an Adobe agent can reset the activation count for you.   But beyond that, they cannot help you because CS6 is discontinued & unsupported.

With a browser that accepts cookies and does not have script blockers, please log-in to your account portal below.

https://account.adobe.com/products

CONTACT ADOBE SUPPORT:
================
Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Phone M-F, during normal business hours: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Short of buying a subscription, that's the only solution I have for you.  Good luck!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you go to Adobe support, make sure to only ask top have your activations reset or support may not help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines