Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

There are crop lines around every image I open on the Photoshop desktop

Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2024 Jul 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But the crop tool is not selected.

When I first open the image no crop lines.

If I use any adjustments, create a new layer: crop lines.

It does not look exactly like the crop tool lines but it functions the same if you pull on the handles.

Overscrolling is not ticked in preferences, one useless suggestion from the web.

I have never seen this before, like in more than a decade of using PS.

This is a new installationof PS on a new computer.

Photoshop is nearly useless because of this. It just started today, the problem was not there yesterday when I first inalled PS.

Any fix?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@bmoag 

It would help if you posted a screenshot of your entire workspace and image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the demo below, are you seeing either of the two types of rectangles that are shown?

One kind has handles (transform controls), the other kind does not have handles (layer bounds).

If they seem new to you, it’s probably the second kind, without handles, which they added recently.

As the demo shows, you can control both using the gear menu that appears on the options bar when the Move tool is selected. 

If you want to disable the handles that stay visible when a layer is selected, on the gear menu deselect Show Transform Controls. This used to be visible on the options bar, but they recently moved it to the menu to save screen space as they added more options.

If you want to disable the layer boundary indicator, on the gear menu deselect Show Layer Bounds on Hover. This option is not specifically about the selected layer, instead as you hover the Move tool pointer over layers on the canvas or in the Layers panel, it tells you which layer will be selected by Auto-Select if you click at that position.

Show Layer Bounds on Hover applies to hovering over the canvas, not the Layers panel. If you also want to disable layer bounds when hovering in the Layers panel, on the gear menu deselect Show Hover Bounds From Layers.

Photoshop Show Transform Controls Show Layer Bounds.gif

Not everyone needs these options, but showing layer bounds actually does help when trying to identify and select layers in very complicated Photoshop documents. And showing transform controls can help if you’re going to be doing a lot of transforming, because when it’s enabled you don’t have to keep manually going in and out of Free Transform mode. You just go ahead and edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines