• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tiling / pattern / kaleidescope plugin?

Advocate ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A long time ago I had a great pattern plug-in... and can't remember the name. It had maybe nine different tiling styles, some of which seemed to have "gardening" sounding names. Can't remember, though.

So, I'm looking for something that will allow me to create seamless tiling patterns of different types, as well as to create repeats and adjust the angle to get kaleidescopic effects.

Any suggestions (or knowledge of what that plugin may have been!) greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a plugin a long time ago called Terrazzo, but you can now use Pattern Preview which is a built-in feature that you might want to try instead:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG! I'd forgotten about that completely. I think that may have been it.

Such great memories! (That, and if anyone remebers the time around "Kai's Power Tools"...) Those were some interesting times with a lot of gratuitous... nonsense.
I'll take a look at pattern preview. Feeling pretty nostalgic, though 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh yeah, I definitely remember Kai's Power Tools, too. Good times. 🙂

I might add that the difference between Pattern Preview and Capture is that Pattern Preview can show you what your pattern will look like so that you can arrange it how you'd like to see it when it tiles. Capture's Extract from image Patterns maker will sample sections of your image that you can adjust which is more like what Terrazzo did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and another built-in pattern maker that you can use in Photoshop is Capture which is available through the Libraries panel:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're referring to the 17 wallpaper tilings, you can use Adobe Capture functionality inside Photoshop; see https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/capture-extension-in-libraries-panel.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is awesome - had no idea. I actually think it's some of Adobe's most useful stuff sometimes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines