• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Toggle between the Brush and Eraser Tools in a Brazilian Keyboard

Participant ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying for hours to remap (reassign) the tilde key (~) so that I can toggle between the brush and eraser tools in a Brazilian keyboard. Does anyone know how to do that in Photoshop? I spent days to achieve that in After Effects. Adobe engineers should know that assigning diacritic keys to shortcuts is always problematic in those kinds of keyboards.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your OS running in Portuguese? If not, you're going to have issues with the keyboard input mapping in general. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your reply. My OS (Windows 10) is running in US English. To date, the only problem I have in Photoshop is with the tilde key. I can change the keyboard mapping on the fly by typing [Win] + [Space] so that the tilde shortcut works, but this is rather inefficient because I have to remap again after using the eraser tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines