• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

too many clutter and useless files in the finder

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, i am on mac and creative cloud downloaded soo much clutter and stuff to finder that when i search something, it is so hard to find. i tried to delete some recently but that messed up indesign app so i had to delete and reinstall. what can i do to get rid of these files? or at least make them less visible idk. i added a picture of some files and there are like hundreds of them.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Your screenshot shows Photoshop's video presets. The video presets folder is only about 3MB. These and the other types of presets can help you work more efficiently. 

If you're trying to improve searching for files, you could try the recommendations for narrowing your search on macOS from Apple's support:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@delinasq those are all supporting files stored in various places through the Mac. You do not get rid of these files. They are required for the application to run.

You should not see these without searching your HD. You are searching "ma" on the entire HD. Target your search to where you store your files and you wont see these items.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your screenshot shows Photoshop's video presets. The video presets folder is only about 3MB. These and the other types of presets can help you work more efficiently. 

If you're trying to improve searching for files, you could try the recommendations for narrowing your search on macOS from Apple's support:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines