Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tools to perspective correct

Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2024 Jun 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello team,

I know my question my sounds naive. Which tools would you recommend for perspective correction if I had this specific objective

1. look at this picture of the Roche towers in Basel. Basel.png

2. I am looking to modify the perspective 'elevate the viewpoint', and bringing it more 'frontal' similarly to this picture (Andreas Gursky), i.e. minimize the variability of horizontal vanishing lines (if that makes sense).

1993-paris-monparnasse-1800x1800-q75.jpg

I am asking naively the question to make sure I dont miss anything in the toolbox.

Thank you
Daniel

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Daniel Roy ,

I would first try using a Lens correction method to get you to the results you want. There are great tutorials on the process. Let us know if that helps or if you were looking for something else.

Photoshop Playbook: Lens Correction in Photoshop | Adobe Photoshop (youtube.com)

Fix EXTREME Distortions in Photoshop! Easy! (youtube.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which side of the buildings are you interested in? The angled steps on the one building could be tricky. I would probably us Free Transform (with the Grid showing) for this sort of thing, but a better answer is to photograph the subject from a more straight-on vantage point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you folks. So indeed free transform and perspective warps are the way to go. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I generally use Perspective Crop for this situation.  Even if you can't see all four corners, you can align the PC grid lines to windows etc.

image.png

When you a good alignment on a good reference object like the building above, you can drag to open the sides of the bounding box to include other objects/building that are on the same plane

image.png

OK that and you are good to go.

image.png

Bobus tip:  😉   I turned on the Grid above to reference the alignment against.  A quick and easy way to adjust the Grid density is to open the Image Size dialog, uncheck Resample and increase Resolution to make the grid less dense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Trevor.Dennis Thanks! looking into it. Sounds excellent indeed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2024 Jun 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Trevor.Dennis  --- if i am looking to get such effect on the whole picture, i.e. without cropping, what would suggest? perspective wrap or quite simply extend the scope covered by the crop? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
29m ago 29m ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Add a bunch of Canvas before using perspective Crop, and drag the PC bounding box outside the original image extent before hitting OK.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines