• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Track who has worked on a file

Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anybody know of a way to track who has worked on a file?
I thought Content Credentials might do this but it only logs the initial 'Producer' of the file and not people who come along later and alter or update the file.
I've tried History Log and that can be very detailed but never mentioned who opens or save a file.
-----
I just want to be able to see who has worked on a file with maybe a summary of the times and dates they did so.

Thanks

Sean

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you save your file as a cloud document and invite others to edit, you can see either on the web (https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents and open the cloud doc) or in Photoshop by going to Window > Version History to see updated versions. I don't think Version History shows the name of who added what, though.

You could have your team members summarize their contributions in a comment (Window > Comments) or via the web. On the web, they can add a pin to a location on the image to associate with their comment.

Here's more info:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not aware of an edit tracking like in Word. We were a team of three, and I saw at the editing style what got changed by whom. But that won't be working with a bigger team. And voluntary modifications lists don't work in practice. We have the experience with technical drawings, where there is a mandatory tracking. Some people do not accuratly update the records.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm surprised that Adobe havent implemented something to track collaboration. Not everybody wants to use the Cloud due to corporate security concerns. Having something manual relies on artists to remember to add 'notes' each time. Just somethign that simply tracks who worked on a file and when would be more than enough.

Sean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a good feature request. Maybe @Pattie-F can help. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, what does »when« describe exactly? 

I might open an image, edit it, get interrupted, edit other stuff and finish/close the first image hours later but with an effective work-time of far less than an hour. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it at least shows that YOU were the last person to work on it plus a history of other artists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Got nothing to do with tracking time or evaluating effectiveness

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are operating system-level activity trackers (often sold as employee monitoring apps) but nothing built into Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines