• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transferring image from Lightroom to Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the latest version 11.0 for Lightroom CC, Camera RAW 14 and Photoshop 23.01 on an iMac.

Whilst in Lightroom, when I choose 'Edit, Edit in Photoshop', I regularly find the progress bar either sticks when it gets to the end and nothing happens, or, it remains greyed out and the image doesn't transfer. Even canceling the process doesn't remove the Progress bar. Sometimes the only way I can get rid of it is by closing Photoshop down completely, which is a pain! Now and again it does the transfer to Photoshop but the progress bar remains hovering like a guest overstaying their welcome!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

i just tried to reproduce your issue… it works here – with the same setup.

did you allready reset your preferences of LR and PS? And is it with EVER image or only this one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply but I'm not sure what you mean, referring to 'Resetting my Preferences for LR and PS'. I'm not aware that specific settings need to be set up for the 'Edit in Photoshop' feature in Lightroom CC. And I haven't altered the preferences when updating the latest versions of LR and PS. I didn't have this problem with previous versions.

This problem does occur with almost every image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@mikejduk wrote:

Thank you for your reply but I'm not sure what you mean, referring to 'Resetting my Preferences for LR and PS'. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.htm

Try trashing your Photoshop preferences.  Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the "link" between LR and Photoshop gets wonky, it is worth trying the following: Use the CC application to uninstall both products but DO keep your prefernces when asked. Now install  Photoshop FIRST, then Lightroom Classic. Any better? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines