• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transform width and height not linked automatically

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this probelm for a few days now and its really annoying. I've tried linking width and height, pressing enter, and when use transform again, its back to being unlinked. I've even made sure to use it linked, press enter, and restart photoshop (I read somewhere that this changes what the automatic setting is), but that didn;t work either. This problem came out of nowhere, please help me fix this setting.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

If above answer does not help, please inform us which version of Photoshop is in question? Have you tried to reset preferences https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like Photoshop is using the (somewhat newish-November 2019 release) default proportional scaling where you wouldn't use Shift to scale proportionally. You can change it back to the Legacy Transform behavior in the Preferences. Go to Edit (Win)/Photoshop (Mac) > Preferences > General, then select Legacy Free Transform.

Here's more information:

Scale layers proportionally

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If above answer does not help, please inform us which version of Photoshop is in question? Have you tried to reset preferences https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In my preferences, legacy free transform was checked. But I reset my preferences and that fixed it. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines