• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transparency and Opacity issues in Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues with any images that contains a transparant layer at a opacity or any adjustment layers with a opacity. It display and save out different from the same file from my colleagues.  My Photoshop is currently the latest version, as Creative Clouds keeps all my Adobe apps up-to-date and my Mac Pro laptop is less then 7 months old, again my system OS is the latest version.  I have checked and adjusted my settings and perferences in Photoshop to my colleagues, minus one or two short-keystrokes, but still display and save out differently to them.  I have attached an example and the spec of my Mac Pro.

Original:

Screenshot 2022-02-24 at 10.06.10.png

How it display in my Photoshop:

Screenshot 2022-02-24 at 10.06.52.png

  

Screenshot 2022-02-24 at 11.40.30.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Hey @J453 @Earth Oliver I think we have resolved this now!

After @Earth Oliver wanting to see my Color Settings, I went away and double checked on our our internal team and our Freelancers settings as well.  We all now use this settings:

Screenshot 2022-03-03 at 10.55.27.png

We conclude that PS default setting is to have Blend RGB Colors Using Gamma OFF, while I perfer to have this ON because colormetricly correct and more accurate, having this OFF is more compatible with all other versions of PS including on both Mac OS and Windows O

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide the file above that exhibits the behavior? (use dropbox of CC files to share a a download link)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We weren't able to repro. We have other reports that MachinePrefs.psp was causing this issue.

1. Quit Photoshop

2. Navigate to Photoshop's Preferences folder.

macOS: Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings

Windows: Users/[user name]/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop [version]/Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings

3. Remove the file called MachinePrefs.psp from inside the settings folder and move it to your desktop

If that fixes the issue, please share the MachinePrefs.psp file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jeffrey,
Afraid your solution to remove the MachinePrefs.psp didn't work.
Same PSD, same outcome as before:

Screenshot 2022-02-28 at 08.21.57.png

Thank-you for looking at this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks the same in all version of Photoshop that I open this PSD in and view at 100%:

2019 on the left and 2022 on the right:

JeffreyTranberry_0-1646157525684.png

In your "Original" image above, what are you viewing and what are you viewing it in? Is it a PSD? Is it in Photoshop? Or another application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you comparing these images? And can you post a screenshot of your Color Settings prefs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@J453 Can you all fix the threaded replies in these forums? Some threads allow it and others don't, and it's annoying needing to always use an @ . Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @Jeffrey Tranberry from the original image, that was a Jpeg my colleague flatten and saved out, when I open the PSD the color and saturation is not as rich and deep.  This is not the first time this has happen, on another image where some skin work has applied and the layer was at a opacity; instead of a subtle skin correcton, my photoshop see the layer at something close to 100% 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @Earth Oliver I'm viewing the images in Photoshop and here is my display settings, I'm using my Eizo CG2730 as my main screen, as my colleagues.

Screenshot 2022-03-02 at 08.44.33.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Earth Oliver It's a limitation with the threads that use Upvotes. There's an open ticket to try and address it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Wai-Ying23313175qfou Thanks, but i'm looking for the color settings window found in the Ps>Edit menu.

Also, where are you viewing the jpg saved out of Ps? Inside the app or are you using the Finder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @Earth Oliver here are my and my colleagues PS color settings, I ensure our team use the same settings in our Adobe Suite Apps to ensure the same outcome and consistance delivery of all our assets.

Screenshot 2022-03-03 at 08.50.29.png

Thank-you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also we are viewing in the Photoshop App

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @J453 @Earth Oliver I think we have resolved this now!

After @Earth Oliver wanting to see my Color Settings, I went away and double checked on our our internal team and our Freelancers settings as well.  We all now use this settings:

Screenshot 2022-03-03 at 10.55.27.png

We conclude that PS default setting is to have Blend RGB Colors Using Gamma OFF, while I perfer to have this ON because colormetricly correct and more accurate, having this OFF is more compatible with all other versions of PS including on both Mac OS and Windows OS.  Some of our internal team had recently had their machine upgraded, hence why all the other Color settings are correct to mine except for the Blend RGB settings which revert back to the default OFF.

Thank-you both for your investigative work and taking the time to review this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Wai-Ying23313175qfou Great to hear! I had a feeling something was different in the Color Settings. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines