Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transparent GIF Issue

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe Community,

I have a problem saving my short gif file so it stays with a gradient but without background. I can only save it with gradient when I add a background to each layer of the gif and when I try to do it without background It merges the gradient area into one blob.

Please find attached examples of the two versions of the gif. Basically I want it to look like the one with black background (smooth with proper gradient), but without black background.

Best,

Matthew                                                                                                 This is how the gif without background is displayed

black bg.gif        UNTITLED.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

A GIF will never be perfectly smooth. You don't seem to understand how this works. A GIF can exactly have one transparent color, not multiple. Everything else will have to be faked by enabling dithering, i.e. scattering fully opaque pixels randomly or in patterns to create a halftone that gives the illusion. check these options in the save dialog. Still, as I said, it will never be 100 percent smooth. Your designe is a perfect example of working aginst the limited capabilities of the format, so

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A GIF will never be perfectly smooth. You don't seem to understand how this works. A GIF can exactly have one transparent color, not multiple. Everything else will have to be faked by enabling dithering, i.e. scattering fully opaque pixels randomly or in patterns to create a halftone that gives the illusion. check these options in the save dialog. Still, as I said, it will never be 100 percent smooth. Your designe is a perfect example of working aginst the limited capabilities of the format, so perhaps even consider a different idea.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mylenium,

I understand, thank you for your help. I’ll problably try something else.

Thanks,

Matthew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines